question

Joe Bishop avatar image
Joe Bishop asked ·

macOS Universal Application - Apple Silicon M1

I see Zoom has announced support for Apple M1 processors today. With RC's underlying tech being "powered by Zoom", should we expect a native Apple Silicon macOS desktop app soon? I'd love to enroll in beta program for this if there is such a thing. Thanks!

apple siliconm1universal application
10 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I also have a strong desire to see an Apple Silicon "universal app" version to support the new M1 MacBook Air and M1 MacBook Pro laptops.

0 Likes 0 ·

This is also a need for our company as we start to rollout the new M1 Macbook Airs to our Sales dept.

If there is Beta I would like to get a couple of my IT staff on it

Mike M

0 Likes 0 ·

We also need a version of the RC App (GLIP) for M1. Any word on when that can be expected?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Everyone, you may request for this feature. Please visit our Idea Portal at https://ringcentral.ideas.aha.io/

0 Likes 0 ·

It seems that any business that uses RC and Mac clients will need this sooner rather than later since Apple is transitioning all of its systems to Apple Silicon. Assuming RingCentral continues to offer cross-platform compatibility, the question here is when not if. It would be good to have some communication to customers regarding the target timeline for this support so that we can all plan accordingly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered ·

The RingCentral app now has an M1 Download!
You can find that on the Downloads Page HERE.

3 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Not sure if you saw my response and others confirming this, but the macOS M1 installer is still just a standard Intel app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hey, @Joe Bishop - We're checking in with our engineers on this issue.
Please stay tuned.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Becky-Community_Manager any update on the M1 native app?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app