question

darin-latimer10536 avatar image
darin-latimer10536 asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

RingCentral and Pager Duty Integration

Hello,

I am trying to set up an integration between RingCentral and Pager Duty that will notify Pager Duty of an incident if a specific word is used in a RingCentral Chat. I have looked at Chatbots and those may work but I am wanting to avoid hosting a Server that's on the DMZ.

Anyone have any suggestions or have done this before?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered darin-latimer10536 commented

There is a PagerDuty app in RingCentral app gallery for integration with RingCentral:

https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/glip-integration-pagerduty

See if that can helps you

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

darin-latimer10536 avatar image darin-latimer10536 commented ·

Thank you Anirban. So I am looking to do the opposite flow. Message in Ring Central that is than handed off to Pager Duty.

It: Someone messages our Support Team saying they need help its a P1, Pager Duty will scoop that up and alert the on call person to fix the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered John Wang Deactivated edited

To stay behind your firewall, you can create a subscription via PubNub which is a client-side only subscription model (like implemented in client-side browser only apps). If your bot is in every channel you wish to be reported on, have it create / maintain a PubNub subscription for the following event filter:

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/glip/posts

Read more about this here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60841819/notification-for-ringcentral-glip

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys