question

Suzy Chappuis avatar image
Suzy Chappuis asked Wendy Busse-Coleman answered

Some companies can not get faxes to go through to us

Some companies/hospitals are calling us saying they can not get faxes to go through to us on a Hellofax number we ported in?

fax
2 comments
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Suzy,

Are you using an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA).

0 Likes 0 ·
Suzy Chappuis avatar image Suzy Chappuis mary-community-moderator ♦ ·

Would the sender have to be using the adapter?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Wendy Busse-Coleman avatar image
Wendy Busse-Coleman answered

Good Evening/Morning,

This has happened to our office as well, however, I have learned not all physical fax machines are set-up to talk to VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) such as RingCentral.

Question: Are you talking about faxes incoming directly to a User? If so, here is the Knowledge Base article to hopefully answer your questions. Unable to Receive Faxes on the User Extension (ringcentral.com)

Question: Are you talking about inbound faxes to your Company Number/Fax? If so, here is the Knowledge Base article to help you understand the possible reason. Unable to Receive Faxes on the RingCentral Fax and Company Number

As the RingCentral Administrator for my office, I can't tell you the number of times an associate will send out an email asking: "Is anyone having a problem receiving faxes," and their first reaction - there must be something wrong with RingCentral faxing. Maybe less than a 1/2 percent it may be RingCentral, but the majority of the time it is the Senders settings on their physical fax machine. Or, in our case, it could be a network problem (not enough bandwidth, too much congestion within the network, etc.)

I get a chuckle every time a client calls and tells us our FAX MACHINE is not working, or maybe you need to add paper because my Fax won't go through - then I get to tell the caller, we do not have a fax machine and we have plenty of paper! :)

I hope this response helps you!

Wendy

1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app