Solved

Extend Dial Time on Yealink T48S

• 19 January 2021
  • 5 replies

We are using the Yealink T48S desk phones. When someone starts dialing a number, if there is more than a 2 second delay in finishing the number, the phone auto dials what is already there. The call of course then doesn't go through. Using information found on the internet, I found where I am supposed to be able to increase that time. However, it's not working. Anyone have any thoughts or have dealt with this themselves?

icon

Best answer by Joe Cache 19 January 2021, 19:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

If you have access to the backend GUI - it's under Settings / SIP / Digitmap Timeout - there's a second count for each of the Digitmappings directly above. We found 4 to be too long, and have impatient users, and set ours to 2 seconds for each.

should look like:

3|3|3|3|3

for as many mappings you have. The 'pipe' is the shifted character above the Enter key. ( | )

Hope that helps.

I logged into the GUI of the T48S and am not seeing that Digitmap Timeout option. Under SIP, all I have is a few SIP session Timers and a couple of SIP Ports.1611093596214.png

Userlevel 3

Well, don't I feel sheepish - I was provisioning a Polycom when I saw the message and just switched screens... If you're ever on a Polycom - that's where that setting is.

Yealink: Under the Settings / Preferences tab:

yealink-time.jpg

Let me know.

No worries. It's been one of those weeks for me as well. :)

I did find that setting and changed it to 10s with both the 'Live Dialpad' option enabled and disabled. Unfortunately, that didn't help. It's still autodialing if I pause more than ~1.5 seconds when typing in a number.

Maybe with this being a RingCentral phone, they did something to the firmware to ignore those settings?

Check my comments above. It was user error opening a line and expecting the phone to know not to dial out.

If you hear a dial tone you can expect it to dial out as soon as a pause (2 sec) occurs no matter what setting is applied.