Solved

can we add metadata to the call log CSV? i'd like to add the name of the recorded mp3 file

• 27 January 2021
  • 4 replies

hello, i'm working with Observe.ai, they are helping us analyze recorded calls.

we're required to provide them with call recordings and metadata related to each call. 1 of their requirements is that we have to provide a unique call ID for each recorded call. is there a way to do this?

i do see that i'm able to download all recorded calls for a date range and also view the call log. However, the call log does not indicate which record corresponds to the mp3 file of the recorded call. please help

icon

Best answer by Muhammad561542067 27 January 2021, 13:01

View original

4 replies

When anyone pulls call logs via API. There is a "recordingid" field associated with each call record. You can pull recording of that call by using that id.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Muhammad!

thank you for your response!

i did not realize that an API was available to pull call logs.. is there 1 available to bulk download call recordings as well?

ideally, we would like to programmatically send this 3rd party company call recordings to their FTP or S3 AWS bucket and include the call logs that show the "recordingid". Can ring central work with us on this request please?

Thank you very much

Hi Mike R, Have a look at this API and let me know if that helps: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/readCompanyCallRecord - Notice the required parameter 'callRecordId'. You can get that from CallLog API and use that to map it to the actual recording which is found in the HTTP Response of this API (recording -> contentURI). Thus the "callRecordId" here is the key that connects call Log to the actual recording (mp3).