question

Ben Weston avatar image
Ben Weston asked Phong Vu commented

Is this possible with the Voice/Telephony APIs?

Hi all,

We're all looking to build a simple web app to accompany our RingCentral account (with 5 lines). Ideally, we'd like the API to be able to authenticate with RingCentral behind the scenes and automatically choose an available 'line' to ring out on so that the user doesn't have to directly authenticate with RingCentral (only our own system) and not worry about which line they're ringing out on. Our own system can handle line limits, etc.

Is this possible with the RingCentral API (and ideally JavaScript) implementations or does the end user have to sign in directly with RingCentral credentials?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you revise your question so I can understand what you want to achieve? Right now, I am not sure who calls whom and what phone is supposed to be ringing?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ben Weston avatar image
Ben Weston answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Phong, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

This is one-way only: dialing out. We want our employees to log in to our system and be presented with a list of scheduled calls for them (obviously our system would handle all of that). When they click 'call', it would automatically choose a free RingCentral line and dial out on that line (with recording).

Essentially, we want our system to authenticate with RingCentral and do all the heavy lifting so that the user can just click 'call' and not worry about logging in to a RingCentral account or anything like that.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am not sure if this helps your use case, but here is what I can suggest you to explore. I assumed that this is a private app that serves only your own company.

Use the Ring Out API to place a call between 2 numbers (e.g. your employee's number and a customer's number). You can use the Presence API to to detect free "employee".

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys