question

Rick Smith avatar image
Rick Smith asked Rick Smith answered

ModuleNotFound Error with ringcentral 0.7.11

I am getting the following error

from ringcentral import sdk

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ringcentral'

However when I check I appear to have it installed (ringcentral(0.7.11) and Python 3.7 64bit on Win 10

The code I have oddly enough runs fine in my dev environment(VS 2019) perfectl tried installing ringcentral_client 0.60 this fails to install

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rick Smith avatar image
Rick Smith answered

Anirban,

Thanks Much! I got it figured out, Looks like it was the Visual C++ Build tools that where missing, downloaded those, re-installed the SDK(using pip install not the stuff VS provides) and it worked)

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Anirban edited

Is RingCentral Python SDK installed correctly?

Can you pls check following links... steps are given to resolve:

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-glip-errbot/issues/1

Also another reference here:

https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/7978/ringcentral-import-error-in-python.html

1 |3000

Rick Smith avatar image
Rick Smith answered

Anirban,

Thanks, It is not doing anything after I do the config.py step?

It just displays
config.py[+] [unix] (18:59 31/12/1969)
-- insert --

Entering the rest of the data appears to do nothing??

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys