question

Thomas C. avatar image
Thomas C. asked mary-community-moderator answered

Softphone not ringing for all inbound calls

I have a user who picks up her department's main extension/number on her extension. She has it setup as a presence and the department number is also set to forward to her RC number. When the department number is called her physical phone rings like normal, but her cell and desktop apps don't ring. She can see the call history of the call coming in for the department number in her app call history, but it never rings to give her a chance to pick it up. If I ring an unused call queue that she is a part of or her direct extension then it rings her apps correctly. I did notice that her user profile didn't have the softphone device linked to her account even though she is logged in and using the apps. Is it possible that the "missing" softphone entry is causing this problem?

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi Thomas, this is actually a normal behavior. Softphone users will not ring if you add its extension as one of the call forwarding number on another extension. It will only ring the desk phone. Workaround is to make a call queue extension instead and add this user as a member, so it will also ring the softphones.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app