question

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver asked le pentest edited

"CMN-102" "message" : "Resource for parameter [deviceId] is not found"

Have been successfully issuing CallOut's from C# SDK using deviceId. Now, all of a sudden I'm getting this "resource for parameter is not found". I'm using the same deviceId as I have been. I then went out and checked for all my device id's using

rc.Restapi().Account().Extension().Device().Get();

and it's returning the same deviceId. What's wrong now?

Thanks

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

Are you sure the device is "online"? Check the device status. What type of phone is associated with that device id?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver commented ·

Thanks Phong. The phone was "offline". The phone app was "logged out". I've since logged in and all is well once again.

1 Like 1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Shelby Tolliver commented ·

I recommend you always checking device status then place a call out call accordingly.

var resp = await rc.Restapi().Account().Extension().Device().Get();
foreach (var record in resp.records)
{
    if (record.id == "expected device" && record.status == "online")
    {
        // call call-out API
    }
}

1 Like 1 ·
UV driveJohnson's avatar image
UV driveJohnson's answered Phong Vu commented

I am also having this issue - but the device status on every Get Device call is listed as Online, yet I am still getting "Parameter for deviceId is not found".

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Check the answer from your other question. Next time, stay with your new question and don't ride on an old thread which was already answered and accepted.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys