question

sherri-whitehead9037 avatar image
sherri-whitehead9037 asked sherri-whitehead9037 commented

Glip Ringcentral Video: Recording JUST the speaker. Does anyone have a workaround for this? When recording in any view - it just records the grid.

I am trying to find a way to record JUST the speaker in a Glip Ringcentral video meeting. It is available in Ringcentral Meetings, but not Glip's Ringcentral. This is a deal breaker for Ringcentral - whether it be a teacher using this for virtual classroom or a business meeting, being able to record just the teacher/leader is an essential ingredient that should be rectified immediately! But in the meantime, is there a work-around to record just the speaker? I love Glip but without this necessary function - too many will be forced to move to another platform! Glip Ringcentral has so much to offer that other platforms lack but this..... THIS is unacceptable and deems it non-functional for many in education and business - and will cause many to jump to another program. I have been consulting schools, churches and businesses, touting Glip..... but what to do about this one huge STRIKE.... I know you all have amazing ideas! Shoot them at me! HELP!

ringcentral appvideocall recording
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

b-d avatar image b-d commented ·

Hello, I think I have your answer along with some other things I have learned which may help:

- The Recording function records the meeting as it is on YOUR PC. How ever you are displaying the meeting on your PC is how it will record.

- So, along with the above, if you select the "speaker view" option in the meeting, the brady bunch tiles will go way and the image of who is speaking will be full window. It will jump/switch to whoever is talking or making the most noise.

- This should fix your issue: RingCentral Meetings - Host Control | Spotlight video
" ...the spotlight video feature under host control in RingCentral Meetings. Spotlight video puts a user as the primary active speaker for all participants in the meeting while pinning another user's video will only affect your local view, not the view of other participants."

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ b-d commented ·

Hey, @b-d I think Sherri is using RingCentral Video and not RingCentral Meetings, but love when a customer pops in with a Knowledge Base article!

@sherri-whitehead We appreciate this feedback on RCV - very valuable. I see that you have posted this as an idea in the Idea Portal - I know this is time-sensitive for your decision-making, but I'm not sure we'll be able to get this to product in enough time for that tight of a turnaround.
Have you chatted with your Account Manager about this item?

-1 Like -1 ·
b-d avatar image b-d Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Becky-Community_Manager Ahhh! My bad! I missed the RC "video" reference.

My feelings won't be hurt if you want to delete my comments. I don't want to confuse anyone.

It's too bad it took us 21 days to respond to her though :/

Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app