News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Using Webhook with sandbox account
Tags: webhooks, sandbox
Mar 17, 2021 at 6:06am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Cancan Gunadi

Hi @Phong Vu,

I currently have a paid RIngCentral account (on Essential plan).

I also have a Free RingCentral Developer account to test creating integration with my software using RIngCentral API.

With this free developer account, I've been using a given sandbox phone number because I can't use my paid account with free developer account (is this right?).

Before I can commit to continue paying for RingCentral, I need to proof the concept of using RingCentral Webhook and see if my integration can receive SMS via the Webhook.

Can I try using the Free Developer account with either the given sandbox phone number, or my paid Essential real phone number to test Webhook integration?

If yes, what do I need to enable in these accounts?

Thank you so much for any quick input.

3 Answers
answered on Mar 17, 2021 at 10:37am  

Hi @Phong Vu,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried adding another user/phone number in the sandbox test account but it says there's charges.

Is there really any charges/cost for it?

on Mar 17, 2021 at 11:40am   •  0 likes

It's free. Just a template, no actual charge.

answered on Mar 17, 2021 at 11:51am  

Hi @Phong Vu,

I went ahead and created a new user in the sandbox, got the new number.

Tried sending SMS to this new number but I can't see it being received even in the sandbox portal.

What could I miss?

Btw the new number I got was : (205) 718-8474

on Mar 17, 2021 at 12:17pm   •  0 likes

What is the sandbox main company number?

on Mar 17, 2021 at 2:25pm   •  0 likes

The sandbox main company number is +16806972588.

Either that one or this: +14244276276

on Mar 17, 2021 at 2:54pm   •  0 likes

I see that you have no log on your sandbox. I made a call to 101 and after that I could see it on the call log . Can you login the RingCentral Desk phone and make call and send a text message from the app?

on Mar 17, 2021 at 4:30pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Phong Vu, (thank you BTW for your replies),

When you said RingCentral Desk, do you mean the phone device? We do not have it because we're mainly using the Ring Central API.

I log in into "https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/" using the (424) 427-6276 number (ext 101), but I don't see the same log from your attempted. Am I looking in wrong place?

My goal is to test the Webhook, so I want to be able to send SMS to the (424) 427-6276 (or to the new number I just added (205) 718-8474), and test that Ring Central API sends a Webhook to my server/endpoint with info about the received SMS msg.

How can I achieve this my my current sandbox?

I tried sending SMS into the (424) 427-6276 and (205) 718-8474 numbers, but I can't even see the incoming message in the logs/portal for these two numbers.

Pls see below screenshot.

screenshot-from-2021-03-17-18-29-06.png

on Mar 17, 2021 at 6:54pm   •  0 likes

I mean RingCentral Phone for Desktop. Get it from here and remember to switch to sandbox mode before login. (Mac OS fn + cmd + f2; Windows: Ctrl + F2)

https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html

on Mar 17, 2021 at 8:20pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Phong Vu,

I downloaded the RingCentral for Desktop from the link you sent. I pressed Ctrl+F2 but nothing seems to happen. I can't log in using the +14244276276 number.

At what point in the Desktop app should I press Ctrl+F2?

I stumbled on older answer in this forum that says the new version of the Desktop app doesn't support sandbox mode, is that true?

Btw, pardon me for being slow, but how does logging in into the Desktop app help me? What I need to do is to send SMS to the sandbox number and have RingCentral API send the webhook to me. Maybe I'm missing something :) How can I achieve this?

on Mar 17, 2021 at 9:03pm   •  0 likes

This app

screen-shot-2021-03-17-at-90236-pm.png

on Mar 22, 2021 at 7:16am   •  0 likes

Hi @Phong Vu,

Thank you for your replies. I downloaded the RC Phone app and in the app I can see the SMS coming in into the sandbox number.

answered on Mar 17, 2021 at 9:26am  

Yes, you can use your sandbox account to test SMS and Webhook notification. You should login your sandbox service web to add more user and direct phone numbers. You can use the RingCentral Desktop phone (softphone) to test sending SMS messages too.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/notifications/webhooks/quick-start

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us