question

Chris Rabel avatar image
Chris Rabel asked anon-user Deactivated edited

RingCentral software is not compatible with new Mac OS "Big Sur". 4 months overdue for an update.

Since the day I upgraded the OS on my Macbook Pro to Big Sur, I've experienced numerous issues with the RingCentral app. It will freeze on many occasions. While it can happen at any time, it will typically happen when I hit the "gallery view" or press "join breakout room". The entire app will freeze, and I am then forced to "force quit".

It's been almost 4 months since updating my OS. I think it's about time that RingCentral fixes these bugs to be more compatible with Big Sur. Otherwise, what is the point of paying them? They are losing my trust at this point. Seems as if there is never an update for their software.

ringcentral apperrors
14 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

barry-elk7363 avatar image barry-elk7363 commented ·

I've been using RC (not Classic) on Big Sur on M1 Mac for about a week after I saw a warning that RC Classic was going to be sunsetted in May.

I get crashes all the time. What seems to make it happen a lot for me is ALT-TAB task switching into and out of RC. But not always. Happened to me 4 times in a row this morning. Now it isn't doing it this afternoon.

RC is NOT ready for primetime on MAC in spite of the company's desire to sunset RC Classic (Old Glip architecture).

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ barry-elk7363 commented ·

@barry-elk @Jorde Matthews I'm going to add your concerns to this case to make sure that there is record of the customers experiencing this issue.
When we get an update on this, we'll be sure to post it here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Chris Rabel Have you worked with Support on this issue?
Reach out to us via Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we can investigate further.

0 Likes 0 ·
Adam Cole avatar image Adam Cole commented ·

We have had the same issue with all users that have updated to big sur. It is a major problem and no fix in site. We have found that if you log out and back in it will allow you to share your screen etc. This is not a fix or even an adequate work around. Nice Job Ring Central, basically you are telling my users to not use your product and just use Zoom instead. Which is exactly what is happening.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Adam Cole commented ·

Hey, @Adam Cole This is a known issue. I've shared your details with the Engineering team and we'll update you when this is sorted. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Bray avatar image Eric Bray Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I'd really like to see where this bug is backlog priority for development. RingCentral Meetings and video calls within RingCentral locking up is incredibly disruptive and happens very frequently. I haven't seen anything posted about the priority of this, when it is expected to be fixed, and when that fix will be released. I'd like to see more transparancy from RingCentral on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Chirag Shukla avatar image Chirag Shukla Adam Cole commented ·

What kind of issues are you seeing? I've been using RingCentral App on MacBook Air with BigSur since BigSur was released and have had very few issues on the Mac. In April, RingCentral (or Apple) screwed something up that causes me to disappear from a meeting. Rejoining the meeting resolves that issue. Beyond that, there's no problem. I am interested in seeing what kind of issues you see so I can keep a watch on that as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jorde Matthews avatar image Jorde Matthews commented ·

I reported the same issue a few weeks ago. The support person acted like this was out of the ordinary and had heard nothing about it. Now I come on here and see that it is a known issue for over a month! I have not gotten a single response or update. We just moved over a hundred users to RC, and it seems we may be finding a new solution. Not a good way to retain customers....

0 Likes 0 ·
Chirag Shukla avatar image Chirag Shukla Jorde Matthews commented ·

Support is really weak. If you can get a hold of your sales representative, they can perhaps help you faster. Support is typically unaware or acts as if they are unaware of such issues. I was told that they are working on fixes for BigSur. One sales rep believed BigSur was a problem and I had to tell them that I've used RC App on BigSur for a while. Only in April I noticed a couple of oddities.

On Windows, RC App users with Plantronix headset have an issue with phones wherein the person on the other end is put on hold automatically when a 3rd party calls you. On BigSur/Mac, that issue has never arisen. So, overall, I think the performance of RC app on Mac is better than that on Windows in my experience. Reading this thread makes me feel grateful for not seeing as many problems as users in this thread face.

0 Likes 0 ·
Antonio Tamer avatar image Antonio Tamer commented ·

We're seeing this at my company as well. I'd like to receive notifications for when this is resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Antonio Tamer commented ·

Thanks for reaching out, Antonio!
We'll definitely share updates here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app