Question

RingCentral software is not compatible with new Mac OS "Big Sur". 4 months overdue for an update.

• 17 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Since the day I upgraded the OS on my Macbook Pro to Big Sur, I've experienced numerous issues with the RingCentral app. It will freeze on many occasions. While it can happen at any time, it will typically happen when I hit the "gallery view" or press "join breakout room". The entire app will freeze, and I am then forced to "force quit".

It's been almost 4 months since updating my OS. I think it's about time that RingCentral fixes these bugs to be more compatible with Big Sur. Otherwise, what is the point of paying them? They are losing my trust at this point. Seems as if there is never an update for their software.

6 replies

Userlevel 2

@Chris Rabel Have you worked with Support on this issue?
Reach out to us via Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we can investigate further.

We have had the same issue with all users that have updated to big sur. It is a major problem and no fix in site. We have found that if you log out and back in it will allow you to share your screen etc. This is not a fix or even an adequate work around. Nice Job Ring Central, basically you are telling my users to not use your product and just use Zoom instead. Which is exactly what is happening.

I reported the same issue a few weeks ago. The support person acted like this was out of the ordinary and had heard nothing about it. Now I come on here and see that it is a known issue for over a month! I have not gotten a single response or update. We just moved over a hundred users to RC, and it seems we may be finding a new solution. Not a good way to retain customers....

I've been using RC (not Classic) on Big Sur on M1 Mac for about a week after I saw a warning that RC Classic was going to be sunsetted in May.

I get crashes all the time. What seems to make it happen a lot for me is ALT-TAB task switching into and out of RC. But not always. Happened to me 4 times in a row this morning. Now it isn't doing it this afternoon.

RC is NOT ready for primetime on MAC in spite of the company's desire to sunset RC Classic (Old Glip architecture).

We're seeing this at my company as well. I'd like to receive notifications for when this is resolved.

I have the same issue at my company as well - it's extremely disruptive. Any updates?