question

Nate Breeden avatar image
Nate Breeden asked Nate Breeden answered

Glip.DevTest.RingCentral.Com Issues - why can I not sign in?

Last week I wasn't able to get to this page at all, this week I can get to the page but after logging in I get the following error:

Sign in failed

Sorry, something went wrong on our end and we weren't able to sign you in.

This happens on multiple machines, any browser, and on different networks, using the same sandbox credentials.

rc-error.png

rest apierrorslog in
rc-error.png (48.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Nate Breeden converted comment to answer
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nate Breeden avatar image Nate Breeden commented ·

For over 2 weeks??? Trying to get to work on my app and at a standstill until I can move it to production, last week I was able to complete all of my calls except the Glip calls, now I'm back to square 1 with all of my calls because I can't sign into Glip.

So frustrating. Maybe I should reach out to my RC rep and see if they can just push me to production? You think that would work?

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban Nate Breeden commented ·

Yes, that would be better to resolve your pending issues

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nate Breeden commented ·

It really works for me and others. Not sure what remains in your browser caches or cookies.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nate Breeden avatar image Nate Breeden Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hey Phong,

So you can sign into that page and access Glip? Not just get to the page, but actually sign into it with sandbox credentials? I even tried it on my home network, totally disconnected from my company network, on my personal laptop that I have not been using - So it is definitely not a caches or cookies issue, maybe there is an issue with my sandbox account permissions? It has the Glip permissions

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Nate Breeden avatar image
Nate Breeden answered

To anyone else who runs into this, if you have a federated account you are building the app for(2 separate RC accounts/companies that are linked together): My issue was that my main account used the same email address as my federated account, so the app would try to authenticate using my production credentials(even though I was using my sandbox credentials) which is associated to two accounts, and due to that would not let me sign into Glip. To work around this I changed both my federated account email address to an alias, and changed my sandbox extension email address to that same alias. Then I was able to sign into Glip successfully and make Glip API calls.

Thanks again for the help Phong!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys