News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Webhooks not working for new subscription - How do I resolve CallControl permission requirement?
Tags: rest api
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:01pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Devendra Laulkar

Hi,

For new users who have subscribed for webhooks - We are not receiving webhooks.

Error:

disabledFilters": [{"filter": "/restapi/v1.0/account/<acc_id>/extension/<ext_id>/telephony/sessions", "reason": "SUB-410", "message": "Required application permission [CallControl] is missing"}],

We have not changed any permissions on our end.

4 Answers
answered on Apr 26, 2021 at 7:26pm  

It's clearly that your app does not have the Call Control permission. All you need to do is to add the missing permission and test it again.

answered on Apr 26, 2021 at 9:53pm  

Was Call Control newly added for using TelephonySession Notifications ?
I see the help article is updated on 2020-07-17(Our app was graduated much before that)
https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/telephony-session-notifications
Our app had graduated much earlier on Jan-21-2020, and had been using TelephonySession notifications to get webhooks for calls without any issues until 20th Aptil 2021.

Please help us add this permission to the app as nothing has changed on our front.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 7:08am   •  0 likes

The Call Control permission is required for the /telephony/session event notification since the event filter was introduced. I am no sure why your app did not catch the error earlier. Give me the app client id so I can check.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

Client ID: XVLqNc5NSPGmdehE_V-TYg

on Apr 27, 2021 at 7:26am   •  0 likes

Added!

on Apr 27, 2021 at 7:40am   •  0 likes

Awesome, Thank you so much.

on Apr 28, 2021 at 7:51am   •  0 likes

Since your app is a public app, I'd like to learn more about the app and help you promote it in the RingCentral App Gallery. If you are interested, contact me at phong.vu@ringcentral.com

answered on Apr 26, 2021 at 9:32pm  

@Phong Vu - Is there a change in the way webhook subscription are handled? Or we need to update our app?

answered on Apr 26, 2021 at 9:30pm  

@Phong Vu - This is for our production app. We have not changed anything in our app. Our customer already has users where we are getting webhooks. The customer added 4 new users, and then we are seeing this issue. We are not using the Call Control permission.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us