question

Brian Smith avatar image
Brian Smith asked Phong Vu edited

How to derive (internal) Site ID for IVR Menu creation

I'm currently trying to create top-level IVR Menus and bind them to specific Sites via a REST API call to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/ivr-menus

One issue I'm facing is trying to derive the proper internal ID for the Site, which is to be specified as a parameter to the creation call. I've scoured the API reference documents, but can't seem to locate a proper GET call which can return a collection of sites and their respective IDs. The closest I've found is the restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension endpoint, and specify the extension number for the site. Ironically this doesn't return the Site ID, but if I specify the extension of an existing top-level IVR menu that is already bound to a Site, this /extension endpoint will return a site object with all the site details.

Unfortunately this won't help me in this scenario, since that is what I'm attempting to achieve, IVR Menu creation and association to an existing Site entity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx!

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You can use this endpoint to read sites info from your account "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/sites".

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brian Smith avatar image
Brian Smith answered Phong Vu edited

Awesome, thanks Phong! Here's the easiest question you'll get all day: where in the API Reference doc at https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/ did you find that?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This API is an internal API and we are on the process to make it public. That is why you would not find it from the API reference.

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys