News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Sandbox happy, now porting to Production..
Tags: sandbox
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:44pm   •   11 replies  •  0 likes
brimestone

I been playing around the API for sometime now and I'm happy with what i got.

Now, I'm trying to port to the production server but right away, I'm having problem trying to login.

I'm using Advance REST client and the Authentication modal dialog doesn't go away. (keeps failing. I keep getting the following.

{

"error": "invalid_client"

"error_description": "Access Denied."

}

I tried again with my Sandbox credential and it works fine.

I've double check the URL for both server and double check the endpoints but to no avail.

Please help.

Thanks.

11 Answers
answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 4:51pm  
Never mind, I used "~" instead.

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:29pm  
Ok, i got the Authentication part down. Yipee! 

Now, I'm getting error when i try to send an SMS

{
  ["errorCode"]=>   string(16) "InvalidParameter"   ["message"]=>   string(47) "Resource for parameter [accountId] is not found"   ["errors"]=>   array(1) {     [0]=>     object(stdClass)#3 (3) {       ["errorCode"]=>       string(7) "CMN-102"       ["message"]=>       string(47) "Resource for parameter [accountId] is not found"       ["parameterName"]=>       string(9) "accountId"     }   }   ["parameterName"]=>   string(9) "accountId" } 

i got [accountId] from  [owner_id] here.
Authentication/Token
{   ["access_token"]=>   string(234) "<changed>"   ["token_type"]=>   string(6) "bearer"   ["expires_in"]=>   int(3599)   ["refresh_token"]=>   string(234) "<changed>"   ["refresh_token_expires_in"]=>   int(604799)   ["scope"]=>   string(62) "ReadPresence ReadMessages ReadCallLog SMS RingOut ReadAccounts"   ["owner_id"]=>   string(10) "2602536012"   ["endpoint_id"]=>   string(22) "_2rE1bLdSomqUlj-I4Xn4g" } 

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:14pm  
Figured out the issue.

It has something to with a character in my password.
The offending Character was "+"

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:40pm  
How would i do that? I'm using Advanced REST client

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 12:57pm  
Could you please provide the complete oauth POST request you're sending (please remove your API keys: app_key and app_secret).

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 9:26am  
I tried. Still get this error.

{
"error": "invalid_grant"
"error_description": "Invalid resource owner credentials."
}

I ignored what i have in the sandbox and followed this guide.

https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/tutorials/get-started.html

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 9:17am  
Awesome! Keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any more questions.

answered on Apr 25, 2016 at 9:05am  
Yes, the application has been approved. Will try it again today (with a fresh set of eyes).

answered on Apr 22, 2016 at 6:00pm  
And your application has applied for and been approved for production access? If you're not sure, visit the Developer Portal and view the "Credentials" section for your application. The API server, app_key, and app_secret are different for production environment, and you must apply to be granted this access.

Are you making sure the username is prefixed with the country code prefix, so for instance if I am in the USA the country code is "1" and the username would be "14445559999"?

Are you using the extension property? If you are and it doesn't match the username you're providing, then I get an invalid_client sometimes.

Are there any spaces before or after your username, extension, or password?

Is the Content-Type header property set to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"?

Is the Accept header property set to "application/json"?

answered on Apr 22, 2016 at 5:50pm  
I did.. that is one of the things i have to re-encode for the production server.

I just confirmed the base64 hash of the keys just now.

answered on Apr 22, 2016 at 5:48pm  
Hi Ted,

Could you use the AppKey and AppSecret issued against your Production Environment.

Find your application key and secret by Navigating to My Account -> Applications -> Application Name. Use Production Application key and secret.

Let us know if you are able to authenticate.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us