News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Presence on Yealink phones.
Tags: presence
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:28pm   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
jeremy

Does anyone have the settings needed to configure Call Presence/BLF on Yealink phones? I have T46S and T42S phones and they support SIP presence/BLF but RingCentral will not give me the settings to manually configure the feature. They will only enable it on their pre-provisioned phones. This is an important feature for us, and a standard SIP feature from my understanding, so I'd really like to get this solved.

12 Answers
answered on May 15, 2023 at 1:26pm  

I can confirm this is working as mentioned above on Yealink T54W.

Note that this number is not the direct-dial phone number for the account, but the ID that is found in the URL in the admin portal for each user.

answered on Jan 8, 2020 at 8:17am  
Hello, we tried setting this up on a Yealink T46S on a Firmware Version: 66.81.25.9. It did pop up with the Line keys for each extension but the LED won't change it's color when someone else is on a call. Do you think it would be something with the firmware version?

answered on Feb 15, 2019 at 8:20pm  
I just want to say this is a godsend! Thank you so much to Brandon and Jeremy for their input. I just got two Obi1062 phones and entered the blf123456789 (my url only had 9 digits) as the value for the number section for the key.

Spent 4 hours on this. Thought I would have to give up. Thank you both again!

answered on Jun 26, 2018 at 7:02pm  

Hey Jeremy,

Did you ever find a way to make the lights work more reliably / pickup the calls remotely?

We currently have 8 x T42S and really need the feature to work.

answered on Feb 27, 2018 at 1:52pm  
I'm also trying to set this up. we are using the Yealink T48S, and T23G to test with, so far, it's just holding the solid light on the T23G, and the T48S doesn't show any type of difference...

answered on Nov 6, 2017 at 2:38pm  
Yeah they immediately started working. Is your config exactly the same as mine? I'm using two T46S phones. I'm also trying to figure out how to pick up another line that is ringing, if possible.

answered on Nov 6, 2017 at 2:28pm  
Did yours all start working immediately?  I tried the same thing on my phones last week when I found this thread and they seemed to get "stuck" at whatever status the BLF line was in when added.  After several power cycles, etc, they seem to be working fine on my phone but not accurately on another T48G we have that has an identical configuration (but another line).

Even Ring Central support couldn't provide a solution so I guess I should just be happy to have a partially working solution at this point.

answered on Nov 6, 2017 at 2:24pm  
SOLVED

As Brandon mentioned above, click on a user in the User list after logging into your RingCentral account. In the URL there will be a number after "users", that is the number for a BLF string formatted like so:

blf1538357020@sip.ringcentral.com

Then set up your keys in the phone like this:

answered on Nov 2, 2017 at 11:50am  
Did this work for you you?  I am having the same issue and haven't been able to get it working yet.

answered on Oct 23, 2017 at 10:13am  
I would not have high hopes for this.  RC makes pretty clear they only support features beyond basic in and outbound calling on the Polycom and Cisco phones they support.  That said, I looked at my Polycom web GUI and the format for a BLF looks like:  blf5471572012@sip.ringcentral.com  I have no idea how that 10 digit number is derived or if it would work on a Yealink though.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:18pm  
I may have cracked the "code" for the 10 digit BLF string.  In your admin portal navigate to a user and inspect the URL.  Try using that number as the BLF address like blf1234567890@sip.ringcentral.com  Let us know if that works.  I am curious.

answered on Oct 23, 2017 at 5:57am  
Have you tried entering via - Press Menu->Call Features->DSS Keys.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us