News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
virtual background in RingCentral Meetings
Tags: meetings
Jan 16, 2019 at 9:08am   •   23 replies  •  0 likes
anderson12345

I'd like to make a feature request for the virtual backgrounds capability for RingCentral Meetings. It's been available on Zoom for several versions now.

Thanks!

23 Answers
answered on Jun 22, 2020 at 3:40am  
After the update this morning, Virtual background remains an option for me under the settings gear wheel and, BIG NEWS, it works just as well as the Zoom VB now!

answered on Jun 22, 2020 at 1:44am  
Hi, in last version that updated this morning, it seems that virtual background disappeard from Ring Central as well as Ring central Meetings clients, on Windows; Is it a bug?

answered on Jun 8, 2020 at 11:42am  
Just want to add my observation that the Virtual Background does not work even when enabled and available to the user as a meeting setting. It erroneously throws an alert about the computer's processor not being up to snuff, which is not the case. The computer meets and exceeds the stated requirement. And, if you do enable VB for a session, it is unusable. It bleeds through, flashes, looks ghostly and awful.

answered on Jun 6, 2020 at 8:08am  
I am an Administrator - logged in as such! Note the "Admin Portal" button in the upper right corner of my screen shot!!!!

answered on Jun 6, 2020 at 1:54am  
You need to be an administrator on the Ringcentral system to see a host of additional settings options. However none of them will deliver decent virtual backgrounds 'ala Zoom' as the engine Ringcentral use, even in the new Ringcentral app, is not up to it.

e.g. my new top of the range i7 laptop with Windows Pro 64 and loads of ram and a separate graphics card elicits a response that says my machine spec is not good enough and it needs an i7 processor and a 64 bit operating system.

Needless to say virtual backgrounds work perfectly on my machine using the actual Zoom meetings app.  I'm not that bother about VBs but it annoys me that we don't get the latest facilities and in a working state.

answered on Jun 4, 2020 at 2:17pm  
There is no "Advanced" setting for Video, Audio, or anything else in the Admin Portal to be able to enable backgrounds. I don't understand why everyone has different access/settings!

answered on Apr 16, 2020 at 6:12pm  
I found a workaround, thanks to a colleague. If you start the full "RingCentral" app instead of "Meetings", you can start, schedule or join a meeting from that desktop interface. And now virtual backgrounds work like the standard Zoom branded version. Must be a later build of the app. If only they would rebuild RingCentral Meetings, but at least this is functional. Yeah!!!!

answered on Apr 15, 2020 at 6:48am  
I was about to reconfig my home office with a green bedsheet and then passed on all the work I would have to do to pull this off. Disabled.

answered on Apr 13, 2020 at 10:20am  
Agree!  Would love to use virtual backgrounds on my laptop w/o it being pixelated.  Hoping RC team is working on a fix!  Thank you!

answered on Apr 11, 2020 at 6:35am  
Can we please have this function work without needing a green screen?  

answered on Apr 7, 2020 at 6:37pm  
The Virtual Background is useless for us on RCM as well; looks very strange, because it requires a physical blue or green screen to work. Why add the feature until it's fully functional... would love that!

answered on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:03pm  
Our admin enabled virtual meetings and I've toggled the option to "on" but I'm still not getting the option to select virtual meetings within the settings function of the desktop app. Am I missing a step? 

answered on Mar 25, 2020 at 11:10am  
is there any way to organize or reorder the virtual backgrounds? I have a greenscreen and use this frequently but it's tough to find what I'm looking for. Also the previews are so small it's tough to see sometimes. There is no zoom feature.

answered on Mar 20, 2020 at 2:21pm  
Jessica, it's kind of misleading to say that RC Meetings has the same virtual background feature which Zoom has. RC Meetings requires a physical green screen in order to use the feature. Zoom installs a plug-in which disables the requirement so a physical green screen is not needed with Zoom. And if you don't have the green screen with RC, the experience is awful (flashing and strobing - it is worthless). So I respectfully disagree with the statement that RC Meetings has the feature. For most users, it is not practical - and with everyone working from home now, it's actually necessary. At our company, we really hope you escalate the priority of enabling it fully. Thanks.

answered on Mar 19, 2020 at 12:00pm  
As Admin, I have turned on Virtual Background in the admin portal and also doublechecked each user where Virtual Background is toggled on.  On my own portal though, I still don't see Virtual Background in order to add one.

answered on Mar 9, 2020 at 1:19pm  
Hmm, I dont have that....perhaps I need to enable it at Admin level?

answered on Mar 9, 2020 at 1:17pm  
You are currently on Video Settings. Next to Video settings, you will see Virtual Background. Please check these icons. 

answered on Mar 9, 2020 at 1:10pm  
I do not see it in Meetings>Settings>Video (attached).

answered on Mar 9, 2020 at 1:05pm  
Hi Ben!

Yes, it is also available on Mac. Make sure that your app is updated. Go to Settings > Virtual Background.

Let me know if you have further questions.

answered on Mar 9, 2020 at 12:47pm  
I am not seeing the option to enable virtual background via the Mac RC Meeting application. Is it avail for Macs?

answered on Jan 2, 2020 at 11:23am  
Does anyone know if this virtual background feature was disabled?  I am on the most current version and I do not see the option on the menu as Jessica outlined.

answered on Jan 16, 2019 at 9:37am  
You're absolutely right!  Just needed to enable the feature, thank you!

answered on Jan 16, 2019 at 9:18am  
Hi ANDERSON, 

The virtual background capability is available in RC Meetings! For more information and instructions, check out this KB article.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us