News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I use RingCentral dialer with the developer account?
Tags: integrations, oauth2
Jan 26, 2021 at 10:12am   •   17 replies  •  0 likes
18551_r

I am new to RingCentral and need help on how to test the RingCentral integration with the RingCentral dialer. Do I need to use the RingCentral dialer? Or can I call my RingCentral phone number from a regular phone to test the call?

I have a RingCentral developer account, and I am trying to test my OAuth configuration and calls to receive the webhooks. I installed the RingCentral app on Mac and on login I get this message:

Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions.

Can you please let me know what I am missing here and how I can debug/test my RingCentral integration?

17 Answers
answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 9:42am  

Click on the settings icon on the bottom menu bar and change the Outgoing call to "Direct dial" to make direct call.

screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-94050-am.png

answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 9:30am  

Think I got it..

thanks for your help

answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 9:26am  

Thanks for the quick response

I logged out and logged back in. I see that you have added the +1 6502930321 number now.

Should I use this in the customer number box. What is the custom number box for?

I still dont get the call on the phon screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-92502-am.pngenumber I called.

answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 9:16am  

The problem is you don't have any direct number, nor a digital line. That is why you would see the "Ring Out" on the RC softphone. I just added a direct number to the 101 user extension. Now logout the softphone and re-login. You should see the "Dial Pad" instead of the "Ring Out".

answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 9:04am  

screen-shot-2021-02-01-at-90255-am.pngscreen-shot-2021-02-01-at-90245-am.pngI have captured screen shots from every point in my login to the Sandbox env

answered on Feb 1, 2021 at 6:46am  

I have submitted a support ticket and have not gotten any response.

What I am trying to understand is that if I use the RC Phone app and call a mobile number, will that mobile number receive a call? This is the question I have asked on this thread several times. The mobile number that I call is not receiving the call at all.

Can you please tell me what should happen when I use the RC Phone dial pad and call a mobile number?

thanks for your help

on Feb 1, 2021 at 8:59am   •  0 likes

If you could login the RingCentral softphone, you would be able to make test call. I don't know where did you get these if you dialed from the softphone:

Call Status: Finished

Caller Status: success

Take a screenshot where you could login the RingCentral softphone and show me.

answered on Jan 27, 2021 at 2:54pm  

Can you please let me know if I can make call from the dialer to a Mobile and receive calls as part of the testing process?

on Jan 27, 2021 at 4:23pm   •  0 likes

To be honest, I don't know how to help you anymore. Your questions and explanations are confusing me. I recommend you open a support ticket and someone may get you on a call to walk you thru.

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 3:17pm  

Your production account is only for Meeting. It does not supporting Voice so you can't make voice call from that.

For your sandbox (+14243302166) account, you should be able to make and receive test calls. Based on the call log, I see you have made and received lots of calls. So what is the issue here?

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 2:10pm  

Just to clarify: I using the RingCentral Phone dialer to call a regular phone. Will this call come the phone directly?

Main Company number: +15648882482

Sandbox number: +14243302166

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:33pm  

I have reinstalled and now I see the popup for Sandbox/Produciton and I logged into my Sandbox. From here if I make a call to a regular mobile number, I dont seem to be receiving the call.

Should I expect this call to work?

on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:52pm   •  0 likes

Call to U.S number or international? Sandbox does not support call to international numbers. You will have 500 mins free out of the box for testing voice call. It's a new sandbox, I don't think that you run out of free credit though.

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:30pm  

when you press those combined keys, you should see a small popup like this. Then choose the "sandbox" option.

screen-shot-2021-01-26-at-12915-pm.png

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:19pm  

screen-shot-2021-01-26-at-11738-pm.pngI believe i have the right app install (RC Phone desktop for Mac)

If I click Fn+Command+F2 the screen just stays as is

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:09pm  

Thanks for the response, Vu . I already had this app installed on my Mac. When I press Fn+Command+F2 (before login) nothing happens in the is it supposed to open a different UI?

I tried login after pressing Fn + command+F2 and the login just hung with a spinning "Please Wait" message

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 3:28pm  

I believe I dont have production setup yet. I created the app only for sandbox. I have been making the calls from ring central phone desktop using the sandbox account (+14243302166) but unfortunately I am not receiving any of the calls on the phone. Attaching a screen shot.. Stays in progress for about 40-50 seconds and then comes back to the dial pad again with briefly showing:

Call Status: Finished

Caller Status: success

Is this normal. Normally with other dialer that we have integrated we have seen the dial pad allows you make the call to a regular land line or mobile phone that we can pickup answer. Is that not the case here?

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:01pm  

Open this link and download the RC Phone (Desktop) app for Windows or MacOS accordingly. Install the app and run it. Switch the app to sandbox mode before login by:

On Windows: Ctrl + F2

On MacOS: Fn + Command + F2

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 12:30pm  

Can someone please help with how to test the OAuth? Is there a RingCentral dialer that I should use to test?

answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 2:01pm  

I am calling an us number. Should expect the normal phone to work or will only go directly to through the developer api. Sorry for the really basic question. I am new to Ringcentral.

on Jan 26, 2021 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

I don't know what you meant here "Should expect the normal phone to work or will only go directly to through the developer api".

What is your sandbox main company number?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us