News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring Central Soft Phone-URL Launch
Tags: phone
Aug 28, 2018 at 10:56am   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
rob-macoviak
We created an url which opens when we receive a phone call to our Ring Central soft phone. But when we restart the computer the url is missing. We spoke to Ring Central customer service and they explain that is normal. It will not keep the url in the softphone. So our only solution is to re-paste the url everyday in the soft phone.
on Apr 29, 2021 at 6:43am   •  0 likes

Is this feature no longer available?

I'm using version "21.2.15.482 Web, 21.2.10.949 Mac" and I can't find this setting.

My app doesn't look like the screenshots in the tutorials.

on Apr 29, 2021 at 8:34am   •  0 likes

Hi Jason, you may be using the RingCentral App with the R icon. This feature is only available in the RingCentral Phone that has the phone icon.

on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:50pm   •  0 likes
Hey Rob! So I spoke with my Engineering Team and they cannot replicate the issue. The URL should stay put. I think it's being rude and wonky for you. So! Please open a case, we will need to get debug logs in order to further investigate. It is not normal behavior to lose the link. 

Also, please keep me updated! Feel free to post your case number here and let me know if you're having any issues getting the help you need :)
on Jan 21, 2019 at 11:11am   •  0 likes
Hey Everyone, as I mentioned previously, we'll need you to open a case so we can see what's going on.

on Jan 21, 2019 at 11:05am   •  0 likes
I've been looking for this exact thread.
Same behavior here: upon computer restart, the "Execute command:" field is erased and we have to reenter it.
Every day.
on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:54am   •  0 likes
Hey Rob, I'm looking into this.
on Jan 10, 2019 at 8:52am   •  1 likes
This is happening to me too. It will work all day long, but the very next day when my sales team comes back to the office the "Execute command" field goes blank. I have a file path with command line arguments in there. I will make sure everyone is up to date and get back.
on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:58am   •  1 likes
Thank you again. Reference number of 07594094 
on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:57am   •  0 likes
Thank you!
on Mar 1, 2019 at 2:06am   •  0 likes
I don't know why there is no "save" button in the option menu or why "some" of the settings are not save automatically while you change it, but for the command/URL scenario opening the case is not needed. The only thing you have to do after entering the command or URL is to close the settings window and then "log out" from the application. The settings are saved then and next time you log in it should be there. Closing the application using X from the top corner of the window or restarting the workstation will just "kill" the application without the settings being saved.

1 Answer
answered on Sep 12, 2018 at 9:55am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled On "Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call" allow "Execute command" to .... In the RingCentral Phone application on Windows, there is no option to save the execute command so users have to re-enter it every time the app restarts. This is a nuisance for those of us wanting the execute command to consistently run for our employees.

In Settings->Calls->Incoming, you have the option to turn on "Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call" and then you are able to enter the "Execute command". BUT you're not able to save it. So every morning our users need to enter the "Execute command".

I've seen this issue raised in many different ways here in the community but I wanted to spell it out so that perhaps more people will find this issue and "upvote" it so that it actually gets addressed. This is something that's obvious and is actually detrimental to the existing feature. More of a glitch in the code than a missing feature.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us