News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Where to View Text Messages when Logged in Online
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jul 11, 2018 at 7:40am   •   10 replies  •  0 likes
jennie-fager

I am logged into my account online & I can't find text messages anywhere. I have both sent & received text messages via RingCentral. I see the "Messages" area where I can listen to voicemail & view incoming faxes. I cannot find text messages anywhere. I can view them in the app, but not while logged in on the website. HELP! Thanks!

on Dec 3, 2019 at 6:39am   •  0 likes
I can see recent text messages under "Direct Messages." However, I cannot see old threads of texts. But if I go to Direct messages and click new message and then click "send text message" and then type in the contact, I can see the thread with that contact. That's a lot of clicking.

on Mar 25, 2020 at 2:12pm   •  0 likes
where can i find the text messages either on the web site or on the app.glip??  why is this so complicated?  i see text messages on teh rc phone app

on Mar 25, 2020 at 2:48pm   •  0 likes
In the website ( app.glip.com), on the lower left panel, you will see one of the icons that says Call, click it then select Text.
on Jul 11, 2018 at 9:35am   •  0 likes
Hi Jennie,

You should be able to view your text messages under the "People" on the left side rail of the web app. However, as Jan mentioned, this requires you to be signed into our web application, Glip, specifically. The URL for Glip is app.glip.com. Please let me know if that fixes the problem!

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your request and we can continue to troubleshoot.
on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:19am   •  1 likes
I can't find my text messages anywhere not in the desktop url and not in the glip app. Why does this have to be so complicated???? And why are there different urls or apps, why isn't everything accessible in one place or another. This is a development flaw. I keep getting notified of text messages and have no place to read them!
on May 22, 2019 at 11:19am   •  1 likes
I agree with customers Jennie and Meg - we should be able to read text messages while on the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal (same place where we can see the call log and voice messages) and not need Glip or any other app or website. Moreover, the location of text messages should be intuitive - same as it is so easy to find our contacts, the call log and voice messages - so we don't need to view a tutorial every time someone sends a text msg to our main phone number.

on Jul 2, 2019 at 7:08am   •  1 likes
This part of the system is not intuitive in the least.  I have to look at the phone all the time to get texts coming into the office.  Too bad, as the rest of the system seems to be pretty okay to use.  
on Jul 11, 2018 at 8:24am   •  0 likes
Jennie,
You won't find them in the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal. You can see them in the Windows/Mac application called RingCentral Phone (previously called the RingCentral Windows app).

Are you trying to find them in the web portal or the computer application (Windows or Mac)?
on Aug 7, 2019 at 11:00am   •  0 likes
Not only do we have to go to the app instead of being able to access this info through the portal, but we have to log out of our regular extension and log on to a special extension in order to check the texts.  Very clunky & not user friendly :( 
on Mar 29, 2020 at 9:57pm   •  0 likes
under the admin portal how do you view text messages sent to main company number?  Next how do you send and receive texts via the main company number ... I'm only able to send/receive texts under my user profile or mobile app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us