News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Sending Text Messages
Tags: sending sms
Jan 15, 2022 at 2:04pm   •   22 replies  •  6 likes
Edrick Baham

For the last few days, any sms message I try to send keeps failing. I can receive them but I am not able to respond to my clients.

on Feb 15, 2022 at 8:33am   •  1 likes

As suggest in my Jan 17th post Ring Central is trying to move forward with a pay per text concept labeled "Enhanced Business SMS. Seems starting in March everyone will have to change their plans. Received this today.

"We have been working with the carriers to address these changes, increase the deliverability of your SMS messages, and help protect you from potential carrier fines.

To accomplish this, we have reinvisioned domestic SMS, and are excited to launch our RingCentral Enhanced Business SMS solution with new pricing and a number of monthly free SMS messages starting March 17, 2022.* Once this allowance is exhausted, you will be charged a transparent, flat rate of $0.0085 per SMS message sent or received. MMS will be charged at and $0.013 per MMS sent or received. For example, if you send 100 SMS messages above your allowance, you would only pay 85¢."

on Feb 15, 2022 at 9:20am   •  0 likes

This is uber confusing ; how many free SMS per month are we going to get? This is some major BS right here

on Feb 16, 2022 at 7:36am   •  0 likes

@Nikki Atkins, to know more information about the changes with SMS, you may check this link, https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Enhanced-Business-SMS-new-Price-Changes.html.

on Feb 15, 2022 at 9:06am   •  0 likes

Its a consistent problem with ring central. I have opened many support requests with them only to find the solution only lasts a day or so.

Not only do I have a problem with SMS but now ring central will start charging for SMS even the failures according to their new SMS billing structure.

See here : reading more here

I am definitely going to move away from ring central over this for all of my accounts. Not something I can build a business on.

on Feb 16, 2022 at 7:33am   •  0 likes

Hi @Bradford Bowman, if you need help with getting in touch with your Account Manager, send us an email at community.support@ringcentral.com and we'll help you get connected.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

I have several tickets opened for each instance of an issue. And have reached out to my account manager who is not able to do much since the issue is technical configurations of ring centrals servers. Often I get notification my tickets are closed but the problem still exist. I just reopen.

I am presented with reasons for closure like "It's an AT&T issue" but after doing some deep digging it turns out to be the way Ring Central is submitting SMS messages to the carriers.

Kicking a problem down the road only for a customer to reopen a ticket is not what I expected for customer service. At this point I do not have a large account with RingCentral (only 2 lines) and I plan on keeping that way till my contract is up and I can terminate service.

This is exactly why I vet vendors with a small contact and do plenty of testing before I commit to a large service based contract.

on Feb 15, 2022 at 9:16am   •  0 likes

I pay annually and am in a contract with them. I wonder if they will let me out of the contract b/c we will not be able to afford their additional new pricing criteria?

on Feb 16, 2022 at 7:35am   •  0 likes

Hi @Alex Taylor, if you need to get connected to your Account Manager to ask for options, let us know and email us at community.support@ringcentral.com.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 8:13am   •  0 likes

I have tried calling, and emailing our account manager over a week and no response.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 9:09am   •  0 likes

Hi @Alex Taylor, I made a follow-up to your Account Manager, and I'm waiting for a response.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 9:13am   •  0 likes

Thank you, she just reached out to me to discuss our options.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 9:32am   •  0 likes

Yes! She just shared it with me, too. Thank you!

on Feb 28, 2022 at 9:22am   •  0 likes

So my only options were to purchase 100,000 text @ and additional $800 / month or cancel my annual plan with no refund.

I feel that is unfair b/c I am under contract till October for unlimited text. Wouldn't you agree?

on Jan 25, 2022 at 7:56am   •  2 likes

I had this issue a couple weeks ago. It is back again this morning!!! I was told to pound sand. This is not a carrier issue! They fail when I send using the app on my desktop also which is not carrier based. RC address this now for us.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 7:57am   •  1 likes

I had this issue a couple weeks ago. It is back again this morning!!! I was told to pound sand. This is not a carrier issue! They fail when I send using the app on my desktop also which is not carrier based. RC address this now for us.

on Jan 18, 2022 at 2:44pm   •  1 likes

I have had a ticket for SEVEN days

on Jan 25, 2022 at 4:10am   •  0 likes

The issue was fixed temporarily and now it is back! What is going on?

on Feb 6, 2022 at 6:16am   •  1 likes

Patrick is your SMS still disabled?

on Feb 6, 2022 at 12:58pm   •  0 likes

I am back up and running. I was able to finally get someone on the phone and they said that my numbers needed to be reprovisioned. Once that was done it appeared to fix the issue. If it comes back I'll be back here to post ASAP! Thanks!

on Jan 25, 2022 at 7:38am   •  1 likes

Hi @Patrick Chandler, this is still an ongoing issue for some customers. If you're experiencing it again, please submit a ticket so that they can check and provide you with available troubleshooting.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 11:37am   •  0 likes

I have submitted a ticket and I have no ETA on repair and no response from any techs. Only contact is with call center that is unable to help.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 11:39am   •  1 likes

We opened a ticket over a week ago and it was closed with no Resolution, so what can we expect next?

on Jan 25, 2022 at 12:39pm   •  1 likes

The team is working on the issue. When we have more information we will share that here and someone will reach out from Support when they have the issue resolved.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 1:37pm   •  1 likes

Ok, thanks

on Jan 17, 2022 at 9:03am   •  1 likes

We're also experiencing this issue for the 4th time this year - we have already gone through the lengthy process of opening a ticket with screenshots and examples, which takes time that we don't have. There is never a final resolution, it just magically gets fixed until it happens again. Left Twilio for RC, very disappointed.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 11:41am   •  2 likes

Does anyone know if Twilio and other phone services are experiencing the same problems? Or is it just Ring Central?

Seems like Ring Central is trying to push their business SMS text. That could be related to the issue.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 11:51am   •  2 likes

Our company used Twilio for 2 years until they sun-setted their programmable SIM program Nov of 2021. This is absolutely a RingCentral issue. We never experienced SMS issues of any kind on Twilio.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 12:23pm   •  1 likes

Thx! Good to know we have options if needed.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 8:48am   •  2 likes

I started having the same problem on Friday as well. Not sure if they are AT&T users, but Tech support told me they are escalating the problem. Sounds like they may need to whitelist our numbers with AT&T.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 1:52pm   •  1 likes

RC advised if text do not meet Bandwidth Policy phone numbers maybe blocked.

Not sure if this is true b/c RC has told me its a RC issue, then ATT issue, now a bandwith issue.

Here is the Bandwith Policy they sent:

https://support.bandwidth.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026380914-Bandwidth-Messaging-Content-Policies#h_1f957fbc-5621-41fc-adbc-8dc388ec60bd

on Jan 18, 2022 at 2:39pm   •  1 likes

We have submitted a ticket as well.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 4:36pm   •  2 likes

I just started having this problem on Friday.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 11:45am   •  3 likes

What's very odd is that if you send an MMS (ie: photo) via text on RC to an AT&T customer, then it works, but text messages do not...

Because of this, I may need to switch to Twilio or another provider as this is a HUGE issue.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 10:11am   •  1 likes

Thank you, Roslyn. This worked for me on desktop app.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 12:57pm   •  1 likes

I will try sending a photo and see if that works however I will look into Twilio as I need something and soon. Sending out photo's as messages isn't going to work for me unfortunately.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 1:05pm   •  2 likes

Totally agree… I was only mentioning the MMS as it’s weird that they are working?

on Jan 17, 2022 at 9:05am   •  5 likes

If you send a text message along with an image, it seems to go through. I've been uploading my logo to every text message this morning! Not a fix by far, but hopefully a VERY short term temporary solution. :(

on Jan 17, 2022 at 9:53am   •  2 likes

I tried this and it worked for me as well. Thanks!!

It's a good work-around for now.

on Jan 17, 2022 at 10:26am   •  2 likes

Thank you!!!! I appreciate you coming up (and sharing!) this work-around! Hopefully this is a short-term work around…

on Jan 15, 2022 at 10:54pm   •  2 likes

Case added but I am getting no feedback on ETA for a fix. Very disappointing.

on Jan 15, 2022 at 7:17pm   •  3 likes

Does not sound like my case is an "isolated event" any more. My friend also is experiencing the same thing with his RC account.

on Jan 15, 2022 at 5:20pm   •  6 likes

Same problem I am having, i also have created a case with high importance hours ago, they still have not responded to this. This is frustrating as this is my business phone,

on Jan 17, 2022 at 5:08am   •  3 likes

Same problem here. Reported this problem a few months ago. Seemed like it was fixed until just a couple days ago. This is my business....not good and costing me $$$

on Jan 16, 2022 at 9:13am   •  4 likes

I'm having the same problem, this is beginning to effect my efficiencies, which will affect my revenues! There is no live support either!

on Jan 15, 2022 at 4:14pm   •  5 likes

Yes, I'm having the same issue and confirm that it's ONLY AT&T numbers, which is super odd??

I looked into this a few months back and it appears that wireless carriers are now blocking text messages from RingCentral, as they are a CONSUMER platform, and not a business platform...

I was told to look into carries like mGage, OpenMarket, Sinch, Syniverse, Vibes Media, ZipWhip, or imimobile directly, as these adhere to the business level 10 Digit Long Code (10DLC).

I would love for RC to chime in here, as I was under the impression that they are a business platform?

on Jan 15, 2022 at 10:56pm   •  4 likes

I think we would all like to hear anything from RC!!

on Jan 15, 2022 at 2:59pm   •  5 likes

I have had the same issue for the last couple of days. I've narrowed it down to only my messages going to numbers with AT&T as their provider. My SMS messages are going through to others with other carriers.

on Jan 25, 2022 at 4:52am   •  1 likes

Yes, that's what we've been told too.... it's an AT&T issue. But that doesn't resolve the issue, does it?

on Jan 16, 2022 at 10:21am   •  3 likes

Same.. I can't text my customers. I tried to contact them and couldn't speak to anyone. I open a ticket, no response, the chat is useless and THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT

on Jan 16, 2022 at 11:04am   •  3 likes

Guys, it shouldn't be this hard to contact the people that hold your business phone number, your income, in their hands.

Becky, thank you for that wonderful advice, but the issue is much bigger than a support ticket for some of us. We have been dealing with this problem since 0728am on 01/10/2022. We have spoken to over 30 different customer service agents, not one support person, even though we have been promised that call several times. We currently have 2 different support tickets for 2 different issues that both fall under this same issue. We are now being ignored, answers have stopped, communication is gone, support is no where to be found, no answers, no help, losing money everyday because we can't use OUR business phone number.

When we go to open a new ticket, we get a message that tells us to "sign-in". I am not sure if you are aware of this, but you can't get to that page or this forum for that matter unless you are signed in.

RingCentral shouldn't be ignoring so many customers about this issue. As a business owner, when you can't trust a service provider, you look for a new one.

Just saying....

on Jan 16, 2022 at 11:28am   •  3 likes

I understand your frustration and wish that I could expedite things - the team is working to address the issue.
I do not have an ETA or any additional information at this time.
When we have details, we will update you.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 8:21am   •  3 likes

Same issue for our company..cannot send outgoing text messages to anyone. Also cannot access the ticket case link on the website to open a case.

on Jan 15, 2022 at 7:33pm   •  3 likes

I am able to “text” through my desktop RC app to my AT&T employees and customers; it’s only from my phone app that this issue is occurring. Anyone else having that experience?

on Jan 16, 2022 at 7:05am   •  2 likes

What did you do to get that to work? I am not able to send the messages via the desktop app, website, or mobile app.

on Jan 16, 2022 at 8:12am   •  2 likes

Yeah, none of them are working for me either.

on Jan 15, 2022 at 7:44pm   •  2 likes

I'm so glad that works for you!

I couldn't get any messages through to AT&T phone numbers from my app, the desktop or the online version. I use the app 99% of the time, as my business is mobile, so I'm not sure that would be a great work-around for me anyway.

on Jan 15, 2022 at 7:15pm   •  5 likes

Same. I am unable to send outbound SMS to AT&T customers. RC customer service said "not my problem" and gave me AT&T's number. AT&T said "not my problem" you need to talk to your app.

RC pushed my case to Tier 2 and said they'd get back to me in 24-48 hour. Its been 24 hours and now they will not answer the technical support line. I am very. very. Frusturated.

Three different AT&T reps said my number is not on any "spam list" or "blacklist" and that it is a RC problem.

I need a resolution by start of business Monday Morning, if not sooner.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us