News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Fix for Screensharing has failed to start. Please try again later Error Code 105035
Tags: meetings
Dec 28, 2021 at 5:31am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
Emmanuel Mata

Hi Team,

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Screensharing has failed to start. Please try again later Error Code 0 or 1050352021-12-28-20-59-00-kazell-and-15-more-pages-work.png

Random users in our company are experiencing this issue.

I tried everything from adjusting RC meeting config to uninstalling RC app but none of it helps.

The above error only occurs when the user is accessing link that generated by Ringcentral meetings.

Sharing screen in Ringcentral Video is fine only the Ringcentral meetings is failing.

on Feb 14, 2022 at 12:34pm   •  0 likes

The move caused some stir among the users. The features and behavior are not the same between the new ringcentral cleint and the old zoom based version. So if you do not switch you will just need to live with the zoom bug until the zoom service is discontinued completely. (it is a bug in zoom side, there is a fix if for it if you were running regular zoom, well sort of it is more of a work around)

on Feb 12, 2022 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

If I did that I would have a revolt. My test users complain about lesser quality video, lesser screen share quality the inability to do screen control while training. If RCV would improve these features I would make the switch. It’s not all di in gloom but those are definitely show stoppers. And I’ve already submitted those features to RingCentral over a year ago.

on Feb 11, 2022 at 11:02am   •  1 likes

That only makes it so that any meetings the user is hosting they are able to share screens, it does not help them when they join others hosting meetings.ringcentral.com meetings. this is still broken on 2016 LTSB (1607)

on Feb 11, 2022 at 12:39pm   •  1 likes

Correct, we had to push the change to all our users.

on Mar 18, 2022 at 7:08am   •  0 likes

i'm having a same issue with you guys, how do you resolve the issue ? i tried almost everything

on Mar 18, 2022 at 9:37am   •  0 likes

Open a ticket with support as Mary_Community_Moderator suggests.

For us the solution was to install the latest version of RingCentral App. Then click on Settings then click Video in the second column. For "Video service" select "RingCentral Video".

This causes issues with meetings and it is not as good as zoom based version, but it does work.

on Mar 18, 2022 at 9:51am   •  0 likes

Thanks for this suggestion, too @Michael Walko.

on Mar 18, 2022 at 5:44pm   •  0 likes

1647650639377.png

i don't have that option on the setting.

on Mar 21, 2022 at 5:00am   •  0 likes

When you click on "Edit" for Video Meeting Settings, what are your choices?

on Mar 21, 2022 at 11:15am   •  0 likes

there you go.

1647886494835.png

on Mar 18, 2022 at 9:32am   •  0 likes

Please submit a ticket to Tech Support so they can check the issue for you.

on Feb 10, 2022 at 1:42pm   •  0 likes

we too have the same issue on the 1607 (or LTSC) versions and only with RCM. RCV does work fine. tried the same fixes, video drivers, checking Enable the remote control of all applications. No luck

on Dec 28, 2021 at 11:49am   •  2 likes

We have the same exact issue and we had opened a ticket about 1 week ago. I am told by ringcentral that it is a bug in the program. We were told to use a temporary workaround. In the RC Application go to Setting > Video > and change the service to RingCentral Video. It works kind of but it is not pleasant. It is only temporary until the workout the bug.

I have found that Screen Sharing works for Windows LTSC 2019 and newer, but not on Windows LTSC 2016 and older. For me it appears to be a permissions issue with windows privacy settings. But I have not worked out how to change it on LTSC 2016.

What OS are you troubled computers running?

on Dec 28, 2021 at 4:06pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Michael Walko ,.

The affected user is using Windows LTSB 2016

I tried the following fix, but none of it helps to solve the issue.

1. Tick Click Settings > Share Screen > Tick the Enable the remote control of all applications. (which @Mary-Community_Moderator shared)

2. Reinstall Ringcentral app

3. Inspect and update Video driver.

The workaround that I provided to the user for now is to use the web version and sharing works in that method.

I agree that changing the Video service to Ringcentral Video will fix the screen sharing issue for future meetings, but those meeting links that have been generated by the old app\service Ringcentral Meetings where only the issue occurs.

It seems I can't do anything on this issue, because I think this is related to OS version. In my device I do not encounter this issue on both service RCV and RC Meeting, because I am using Windows 21H1. But if in any case I found a solution on this I'll let you know.

Thanks for your all input, really appreciate it. :)

Regards,
Emman

on Dec 28, 2021 at 12:39pm   •  1 likes

Thank you for sharing, @Michael Walko .

on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:50am   •  1 likes

Hi Emmanuel, if the uninstall/reinstall didn't help, try the troubleshooting below.

Click Settings > Share Screen > Tick the Enable the remote control of all applications.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 11, 2022 at 10:58am  

The solution is to install the latest version of RingCentral App. Click on Settings then click Video in the second column. For "Video service" select "RingCentral Video".

This changes your server to "v.ringcentral.com" and may cause other issues until you transition all users completely.

on Feb 12, 2022 at 5:35am   •  0 likes

Yes, we have now all migrated to the latest RC app :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us