News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Adding non-Ring Central fax numbers and text numbers to contacts in Ring Central App.
Tags: ringcentral app
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:52am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
david-dickinson

We would like to use the Ring Central Desktop app to one-click fax or text non-Ring Central numbers. It's not reasonable to ask all the doctors' offices we fax, and doctors we text, to provide an email address and ask them to take time to download and setup a Ring Central app. They just won't do it. It seems reasonable that if I can type in a random phone number to send a text, that I would be able to save that number in a list of contacts. Maybe there is a way to access our "personal" contacts from ringcentral.com? We use the Standard plan. Thank you.

on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:37pm   •  0 likes
Hi David, 

You're able to add contacts in the mobile app currently. Product is still working on adding the functionality to the desktop app. 
on Feb 10, 2020 at 8:53am   •  1 likes
That is fantastic news, our entire office will be happy to hear it.
1 Answer
answered on Apr 28, 2022 at 8:09am  

One other suggestion would be to use the ringcentral phone app for windows/mac. I've verified that it is possible to add outside contacts within the ringcentral phone app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us