News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Clicking Ignore Call or Declining the call does not stop the phone from continuing to ring
Tags: call queues
Jul 13, 2020 at 2:29pm   •   18 replies  •  7 likes
marshall-hayes
When I get a call from a call queue if I click "Ignore Call" on my desktop app the Incoming Call screen goes away and then pops right back up a few seconds later. 

Same thing on the phone app. Using an Android phone if I decline a call, it goes away for a second then just comes right back up. 

This is extremely annoying. Please look into fixing it. If I ignore a call, I want it ignored. I don't care if it's in a queue and nobody else is answering. If I'm busy, I'm busy.
on Jun 22, 2023 at 1:44pm   •  2 likes

Any updates to this problem? OR, can the unavailable flag be increased to 1 minute when a user hits reject call.

on Jun 22, 2023 at 6:07pm   •  0 likes

Yeah can we please have an update? This problem is causing significant frustration for myself and my team members.

on Jun 21, 2023 at 8:51am   •  0 likes

I tried to read everything here but unless I missed something, this is still not fixed correct?

To properly control call flow, we often use call queues with only one member, yet that member pressing 'ignore' on an incoming call queue call does virtually nothing, despite how the queue is configured. What's the purpose of an ignore button if it does not do anything?

on Jun 21, 2023 at 9:14am   •  1 likes

The purpose is for the cases where you have multiple members in a Rotation/Sequential call queue. Clicking ignore in those cases would present the call to the next availale member in line in the queue.

Instead of clicking ignore you have 2 options which I believe are potential good solutions.
1. click on your profile picture in the app. Click on the slider "Accept queue calls" to disable it.

2. click on your profile picture in the app. Your status is most likely "Available". Click on Available and change it to Do Not Disturb.

Both of these would stop call queues from ringing

on Apr 8, 2021 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes

@Sebastian Stuart I understand your frustration, but @tak-it1 is correct.
This is how Call Queues operate and is operating as designed - we have confirmed this with the product manager for this feature.

The ignore queue call scenario you are describing is not a bug if either the queue is using simultaneous distribution or the ignoring agent is the only available member in the queue.

The issue here is that the agent remains available but is asking to ignore the call - if they change their status to unavailable they will not get queue calls.

Ignore works best when call distribution is rotating or sequential and there is at least one other available agent.
If all agents are rejecting the call, the call will continue to attempt to get an available agent until someone picks up or the customer disconnects.

You have two options - if you want to keep the call queue set up, toggle your status to unavailable and you will not receive queue calls when you are busy.
Or you can explore Ring Groups - calls will be sent to voicemail if the call has been ignored by all the agents associated with that extension.

Product is aware of the ask that when all agents reject a queue call it is sent to voicemail.
Add your voice and vote to the Ideas Portal and we'll continue to surface this with the product team.
Idea can be found HERE.

If you are not a member of a call queue and are receiving calls you can't ignore or decline to your direct number, it is a different issue and is not expected behavior. Connect with Support.

on May 28, 2021 at 8:15am   •  0 likes

please all go and vote for this idea here:- https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-923 so that it can be ignored by the ring central team over there too!

on Apr 8, 2021 at 1:09pm   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager perhaps it's not a bug, but at minimum, it's poor product design based on how RingCentral advertises themselves.

What you've described is the right feature set for a call center. RingCentral does not advertise or promote itself as a cell center system. You describe yourselves as a business communication system. I don't think it is even remotely debatable that in most business environments or situations, someone does not become available 5 seconds after hitting ignore.

As a SaaS provider with some product design background , here's some ways that you could actually resolve this issue that clearly many of your customers are passionate about rather than arguing with your customers:

1.) Automatically make a user unavailable when they are in a RingCentral meeting (or at least create a setting that would allow the user to turn this feature on)

2.) When hitting ignore, create a pop up that asks the user if they would like to make themselves unavailable.

3.) Create a call queue setting that sends the call to a shared voicemail when all users are unavailable or ignored a call.

on Apr 8, 2021 at 2:10pm   •  0 likes

Appreciate this feedback, @customer-service1234567891011121314
I would ask that you share this in the Ideas Portal. This information will assist the product team in determining next steps.

Also, because of your experience, I would love to create alignment with you and the product team to do some beta testing or contribute further to the discussion.
Feel free to reach out to me directly if you're open to it. Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Nov 29, 2021 at 3:47am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager Can we get an update on this being sorted please, it has been months, it has received many votes too. It is basic functionality that should just work. https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-923

on Nov 29, 2021 at 9:00am   •  0 likes

Hey @Nathan Ramsden-Lock, I followed up with our call queue product manager for an update, and unfortunately, he advised he doesn't see this being addressed anytime soon. His recommendation was that users change their Accept Queue Calls status to OFF when they are busy and cannot accept queue calls.

on Dec 1, 2021 at 6:25am   •  0 likes

Hi Jessica, the product manager might want to consider how RC ContactCenter manages this: if you ignore a call for ten seconds you are no longer available for any further calls, including the current one, until you manually make yourself available again. The system doesn't keep ringing you when you've made it apparent that you're not going to answer.
Apparently he hasn't been busy with something or someone (on the toilet??) when a queue call starts ringing on his cell...where the best solution on an iPhone is to mute the phone with the switch.

on Nov 29, 2021 at 9:14am   •  0 likes

Thank you for the update, but that "recommendation" is just not practical - e.g The courier comes to the door with a delivery, you are saying I have got to stop what I am doing, unlock my phone, change my status etc .... and then remember to change it back when I have finished with courier - Then repeat for going to the toilet, then repeat for having a brief conversation with my boss etc, It is just not practical dozens of time a day - you should be able to just plain reject a call.

Sorry, but I find it rather disturbing that you as a company do not see the importance of fixing such a basic telephone system requirement as being able to reject a call! Still if this is your stance - I will just have to keep on selling and recommending other telephony providers to all my customers.

on Apr 8, 2021 at 1:03pm   •  2 likes

In our situation there are only 2 of us in this "call queue"... if we are available to take the call, we will, if we are not we NEED the ability to send the call to VM or "truly" ignore the call if we are unavailable WITHOUT changing out "status" every single moment. we receive a lot of calls throughout the day and out availability to take a call or not depends on what we are doing "in the moment" of when the call comes through...

on Apr 8, 2021 at 1:48pm   •  -1 likes

@Sarah Johnson Have you considered the Ring Group as an option?
It will keep you from having to set your availability.

on Apr 8, 2021 at 1:57pm   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager you keep repeating this silly alternative, without even understanding the limitations of your own system and why people chose to use a call queue in the first place. (Taken from https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10183.html#:~:text=A%20Call%20Queue%20group%20is,when%20the%20hosted%20extension%20rings.)

Ring group limitations

• No option to ring mobile apps
  • No agent status checking
  • No way for agents to discern Ring Group calls vs. direct calls

With a call queue :

• You can hold a call even if all agents are busy, (because you foe example you might just be wrapping up a call that you are on and able to take the call in a few moments rather than put the caller through the trouble of leaving a voicemail)
on Apr 8, 2021 at 2:02pm   •  0 likes

Nathan, I was responding to @Sarah Johnson about her specific use case. This may not be a fit for you and your team.

Ultimately, the product team is working to address product concerns that benefit the greater customer community. As I mentioned before, the product team is aware of the ask and will keep it on the radar.

In the meantime, the Community team is empathetic of your challenges and will continue to advocate on your behalf with the product team.

on Apr 8, 2021 at 1:12pm   •  0 likes

@Sarah, thank you for your reply, I just don't think Becky or any of the Ring central team will ever properly understand this. @Sebastian has provided the evidence that posting here is about as much use as shouting it in to the wind. They just keep suggesting the same old workaround and repeat the mantra "It is operating as designed". I think it is time they got a new "Design team" who have half a clue what is needed from a telephone system. This issue has gone on ignored for 6 years along with adding the HUD facility to the mobile client (after all who needs to be able to see the status of your other colleagues in the team hey ???) and the lack of a centralised contact directory for all extensions.

on Apr 7, 2021 at 11:11pm   •  2 likes

I think this is absurd as well. If we hit Reject it should send that call to Voicemail or if it's from a Queue (Call Center Blast, or Round Robin) then it should just ring to the other folks on the Queue. If they all hit reject then send it to voicemail. I had to remove myself PERMANENTLY from our Support Queue for this exact reason. It was super annoying to have calls repeatedly interrupt me over and over while I was on another call on my mobile phone. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. It's not a "feature", it's a design flaw. How is this not fixed after being reported as a problem a year ago? Lame.

@Mary-Community_Moderator @Becky-Community_Manager @Jessica-Community_Moderator @Jenn-Community_Moderator can you guys please combine these tickets below into the same issue? This has also been a reported "problem" for 6 years now. When is RC going to take this issue serious?

Here is another ticket reporting the same thing, from 2015:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/17591/phone-keeps-ringing-after-i-hit-ignore.html

And again in 2016 with TWO different tickets:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/20838/ignore-button.html

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/20930/ignore-button-1.html

And last year in 2020:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/90562/ignore-calls-during-meeting.html

And again in 2018, on the iOS app, but same issue:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/25230/constant-ios-ringing-even-if-i-decline-the-call.html

How many times does this have to be reported? We used to have Fonality VOIP phones which is a pretty crappy system and it didn't have this same problem. Thanks!

on May 5, 2021 at 1:42pm   •  0 likes

CAN WE GET THIS FIXED!!!! ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR

on Mar 26, 2021 at 3:37am   •  0 likes

9 months on and no-one has fixed this or posted a reply here and speaking to support they don't seem to have a clue about it ether. Shocking

on Feb 25, 2021 at 1:22pm   •  0 likes

I am also having this issue! Hugely disruptive, and if there are more than 1-2 calls coming in at once the phone either rings for five minutes or I have to click ignore every few seconds. This totally defeats the purpose of being able to decline a call - presumably, if I am declining, I have my hands full and cannot take on another interaction at that time. I've started having to just take my headset off while calls are coming in that I can't answer. Please prioritize fixing this, RingCentral!

on Dec 24, 2020 at 3:40am   •  0 likes

There is setting in Call Handling for Users from Online portal:

" ring the App for at least 30 seconds"

check if that is not enabled. If yes then please disable it.

This option sometimes cause this issue

on Dec 23, 2020 at 7:58am   •  2 likes

Is this ever going to get fixed? Absolutely brutal when in a meeting and I have to go on do not disturb. What if I want to screen and potentially step away to answer other calls? I can't just decline a queue call?

Poor.

on Dec 18, 2020 at 9:29am   •  2 likes

For those experiencing the same thing - support wasn't able to solve the issue for me. They just poked around and eventually said its something to do with the fact that the call is ringing on multiple lines and that everyone on that line would need to decline the call for it to stop.

Seems like a bug in the software but to my knowledge, not something they're working on. It'd be great if they were though!

on Feb 2, 2021 at 2:26pm   •  0 likes

We've got this problem as well. I have to hit Reject multiple times (3-6 Rejects) on my deskphone OR mobile app and it keeps calling me. Super annoying when you are on another line. We have the "Ring App for at least 30 seconds" disabled in the online portal. Please fix RC!!!

on Dec 3, 2020 at 11:59am   •  1 likes

My Customer getting the same issue, after hitting declined call from the call queue it started ringing again, is there a way to change this behavior? using RC app

on Dec 18, 2020 at 6:39am   •  0 likes

Hello @rodolfo-tordil! Apologies, are you still experiencing the issue? I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our tech support will investigate it further. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 2:28pm   •  0 likes

@Jenn-Community_Moderator @Becky-Community_Manager @Mary-Community_Moderator Jenn Becky Mary this is not fixed. Multiple people have opened tickets. Support is clueless about this. It's a bug. If we hit Reject then send the call to the next person in line (on the Sequential Call list) or send to voicemail if it's a direct call or you are the last person on the sequential list. Thx.

on Sep 30, 2020 at 7:38am   •  3 likes

I have this exact same issue and it’s driving me crazy. I have to decline a call over and over and over. Any resolution?

on Sep 30, 2020 at 8:13am   •  0 likes

Alex, we'd like to help! Have you reached out to Support to create a ticket?
If not, we might suggest that or you're welcome to reach out to us and we can assist further.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Apr 7, 2021 at 11:17pm   •  1 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager @Mary-Community_Moderator almost a year later and this is still not addressed? It's still a problem. We are a reseller and refer many clients to RC and our clients mention how annoying this is as well. It NEEDS to be resolved.

on Jul 13, 2020 at 2:49pm   •  0 likes
Hi Marshall,

Can we get your contact number for troubleshooting?
2 Answers
answered on Mar 31, 2021 at 8:34am  

This isn't a bug - this is how call queues operate. If using rotating/sequential, pressing reject will flag you as unavailable for 5 seconds so the inbound call can ring other members. If no members available, the call will return back to you.

If using simultaneous, the same will apply but it will ring you regardless until the call is handled or has reached the end ring time as setup in the queue.

There are lots of ways to do things, but for you, the easiest would likely be just to toggle "Accept Call Queue Calls" off in the app if you can't attend to that inbound call.

on Apr 16, 2024 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

Is it possible to change the time I'm unavailable? I agree with everyone in this topic who finds this setting absolutely horrible.

on Apr 3, 2023 at 1:51pm   •  0 likes

If we toggle "Accept Call Queue Calls" off in the app will it go straight to voicemail?

on Apr 4, 2023 at 8:12am   •  0 likes

The call will be automatically sent to the next member of the queue, depending on the order.

on Mar 31, 2021 at 9:22am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the reply,

This isn't a bug - I disagree unless we can control the interval.

5 seconds ? it takes 1 second to press the reject button - why does it think you might have changed your mind about taking the call only 4 seconds later ? that is ridiculous, it should snooze it for at least 30 seconds.

As for your suggestion of turning off accept queue calls -you cannot get to that setting in under 4 seconds on your mobile to turn it off before it returns to the call ringing screen . That is not a very useful suggestion, I may be only unavailable to take that one call while i am talking say to the delivery driver and then in 60 seconds time I will be available to take calls again. so i don't want to have to keep going in and out to toggle that setting - that is just ridiculous.

The main thing should be to change the the timer from 5 seconds to something sensible like 30 or 60 seconds before it tries giving you the call again.

on Mar 31, 2021 at 9:27am   •  1 likes

For sure, just giving you the straight goods.

Edit: actually, sorry - confused about something: "I may be only unavailable to take that one call while i am talking say to the delivery driver and then in 60 seconds time I will be available to take calls again. so i don't want to have to keep going in and out to toggle that setting - that is just ridiculous. "

why are you opposed to toggling accept call queues on/off? This is a simple toggle in the mobile or desktop app. If you're added to a queue and find yourself always rejecting calls because you don't have time to handle them, why not utilize the call queue toggle?

I get the annoyance with rejecting the call, but I have dozens of call centers utilizing this setup.

on Apr 7, 2021 at 11:22pm   •  0 likes

@tak-it1 this is not a feature, it's crappy design. I agree with @Nathan Ramsden-Lock and many others on how frustrating this is. I assume there are many other similar tickets or "suggestions" on this Community forum asking for the same thing to get fixed. Imagine how many small companies don't report it or don't understand that it is a design flaw and just put up with the annoyance, or disable call Queues entirely?

answered on Mar 26, 2021 at 8:35am  

Hi Everyone, Our Product Team is aware and currently investigating this issue. We will provide updates in this thread once it’s resolved. We suggest you send callers to voicemails in the meantime.

on Jul 18, 2023 at 8:31am   •  0 likes

Can we get an update on this? You recommended "send callers to voicemails in the meantime." What is the process for doing that?

on Apr 3, 2023 at 1:52pm   •  0 likes

Hi Mary. Any updates on this?

on Jan 11, 2023 at 11:06am   •  1 likes

This is still an issue in 2023.... Also, the ringcentral app appears to ignore the do not disturb setting on iOS. Great to be driving with music on and have calls repeatedly interrupt things, repeatedly every 5 seconds after you hit ignore...

on Jan 16, 2023 at 9:42am   •  0 likes

I'm the only person on the call queue and oftentimes I can't answer it - it's our main line that's re-routed to me. My only option seems to be to put everything on silent which is not ideal. @tak-it1 What's our best current option?

on Jul 22, 2022 at 11:27am   •  0 likes

Hi - It's July 2022 - just checking in to see if there is a solve. I'm still having this issue.

on May 5, 2021 at 1:44pm   •  1 likes

When is this going to get fixed?

on Mar 30, 2021 at 2:05pm   •  1 likes

I'm having the same issue and its super annoying. How do we send them straight to VM if the only option is to "ignore" or "answer"

on Mar 26, 2021 at 8:45am   •  0 likes

Thank you very much for replying, but I don't have the option nor would I want to send it to voicemail, because there are other people in the group that will be available to take the call. I hope the product team is able to resolve this soon. I hope you realise how important it is to all of us that it is fixed.

on Mar 26, 2021 at 8:58am   •  0 likes

You're welcome! We'll let them know about this. Thank you.

on Apr 7, 2021 at 11:19pm   •  0 likes

@Mary-Community_Moderator like @Sarah Johnson asked, how do we send a call to VM if everyone in the Call Queue is busy? The only option is Answer or Ignore, but then we get interrupted again 5 seconds later. I've almost thrown my phone out the window a few times over this. I finally had to remove myself from the Call Queue. Please escalate.

answered on Feb 25, 2021 at 1:21pm  

I am also having this issue! Hugely disruptive, and if there are more than 1-2 calls coming in at once the phone either rings for five minutes or I have to click ignore every few seconds. This totally defeats the purpose of being able to decline a call - presumably, if I am declining, I have my hands full and cannot take on another interaction at that time. I've started having to just take my headset off while calls are coming in that I can't answer. Please prioritize fixing this, RingCentral!

answered on Dec 3, 2020 at 11:55am  

My client getting the same issue, after hitting declined call from the call queue it started ringing again,

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us