News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SMS Issues. Tech support says related to TCR
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 17, 2023 at 9:57am   •   4 replies  •  2 likes
Chris Burtch

Our SMS is not working and tech support blamed the TCR process. How is that possible since March 31st is the deadline and there is not supposed to be service disruption. I submitted our TCR 30 days ago. Need answers.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 10:33am   •  1 likes

Having the same issue.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 10:44am   •  0 likes

@mike-stecker I'm not seeing any registration information for your company. I would recommend jumping into the Admin Portal and setting up your TCR Registration to ensure no interruptions in service
This Knowledge Base article can help with the process: https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Setting-up-TCR-registration-assigning-numbers-to-SMS-campaigns.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

on Feb 24, 2023 at 9:50am   •  1 likes

I have 2 campaigns listed as "Pending" currently that I filled out registration on Feb 20. Many of our company managers are extremely upset about some users unable to send SMS.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 8:07am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager Any updates on our TCR registration? As mentioned earlier I have 2 campaigns sitting in "Pending". Staff is getting more and more upset as days go by.untitled-2.jpg

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:00am   •  1 likes

@Mike Stecker I have engaged the TCR Program Managers about your registrations. I should have an update for you soon.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 7:49am   •  1 likes

Join the club! I've been waiting for going on 2 months. Only get the runaround from Ring Central. Supposedly by TCR was preapproved in early January. Crickets since then.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 8:11am   •  0 likes

@Chris Burtch We have submitted an escalation and have requested prioritization with Telco Ops for completion.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 7:51am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager how can i get prioritization with Telco Ops... it's been 2 months and I have received no support from Ring Central. Was told I would get a refund on what I'm paying. Nope. Was told twice a manager would call me back. Nope. Was told my account would be escalated. Here I sit almost 2 months and nothing.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:11am   •  0 likes

@Jill Dunkel I am working with the TCR program managers to identify what the issue is.
More info soon.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:45am   •  0 likes

Thank you

on Feb 22, 2023 at 2:08pm   •  0 likes

I would love to be looped in on any answers to this question. We have been without outbound texting since the new year. This is putting a huge dent in our businesses flow of communication with clients!

on Feb 23, 2023 at 4:53pm   •  0 likes

I was just told this evening that my tcr was rejected because

Hi,

Apologize for the delay. However, upon checking, your Registration has been rejected due to (8.1) - Call-to-Action/Message Flow Denotes Web Address but URL Invalid/Not Present - Please Update Submission via Self-Registration Portal in Service Web.

Best regards,

Louie Sotto

I saved my PDF from the registration and nowhere on it did it state that I was contacting customers through web. Now they want me to re-register and they say it will take 20-30 days from then. I submitted my form on Dec 13th. Been paying for service the whole time. Ridiculous

on Feb 22, 2023 at 3:41pm   •  0 likes

@jenn-garrett I am working with some internal teams to identify where your TCR stands. More soon!

on Feb 23, 2023 at 8:09am   •  1 likes

@jenn-garrett We sent to Telco Ops numbers to confirm enabling SMS. More info soon!

on Feb 27, 2023 at 7:45am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager any updates? We are still unable to send outbound SMS

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:07am   •  0 likes

@jenn-garrett It looks like you're good to go - I would follow the FAQ directions to confirm:
The best way to ensure your SMS capability is active is to ensure you're registered. You can easily do this from your Admin Portal. Sign in to your account and go to Phone System > Enhanced Business SMS > 10DLC Registration to check your registration status.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 12:12pm   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager I am missing the option you are describing. I did double-check my permissions just to make sure that wasn't the issue and I am a Super Admin. Thanks in advance for all your help Becky!

missing-ebsms.jpg

on Feb 27, 2023 at 1:25pm   •  1 likes

Okay, hang tough as I dig in a bit further.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 2:46pm   •  0 likes

@jenn-garrett Can you please create a support ticket about this issue?
https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html
It looks like it's a GO on our end, but there may be another blocker that we're not aware of that is keeping the enablement from being pushed.
Once you've created a case, please share with me via email and I'll keep tabs as well. Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 6, 2023 at 4:08pm   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager Our original case number is 17278270.We have been told our lack on functionality is a "special case" but judging from the threads in this community we're not alone. We're still unable to text, and were transferred from one department to another when trying to get answers. Today marks two months without texting.

on Mar 6, 2023 at 4:16pm   •  1 likes

Got it, @jenn-garrett
I'm escalating on my side.
Hang tough as I pull all the pieces together.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 7:02am   •  1 likes

@jenn-garrett I have confirmed with the TCR Program Team and all has been provisioned for you. You should be able to use the SMS functionality.
Give it a shot and if you're still not able, hit me via email and we'll create a case and escalate it for you. Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 27, 2023 at 3:20pm   •  0 likes

i have the same problem. i issued a support ticket last week. havent heard back

Case Number
Created
6:23 PM PST, 02/23/2023
Status
Duplicate
on Feb 21, 2023 at 3:17pm   •  1 likes

Chris, Can we get a few more details about the number you're texting from?
Is it new?
Are you doing bulk SMS or one-off texting?
If you'd like to share more details, please email us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 22, 2023 at 9:29am   •  0 likes

I am doing 1 off texting and have been waiting since December 8th. Still nothing. Huge blow to my business. Literally can't even have a conversation with my customers. The deadline isn't until March 31 so why can't i get clearance to text at all? I am not sending bulks. been raising this issue on the community for a month now. still no end in sight.

on Feb 22, 2023 at 11:13am   •  0 likes

Jack, my team is looking into where your TCR stands and what next steps might be.
I'll reply to your email directly when we have an update to share.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 3:19pm   •  0 likes

Hi Jack,

I am the Transaction Coordinator assigned to help you.

Let me follow up with the team offline. And I completely understand the expectation that SMS would work on day one. Especially since that’s how it always used to be for SMS (before mobile carriers reclassified business SMS and added numerous new requirements).

I very much wish we were able to get this turned on for you without the TCR registration, and that we were able to avoid or exempt you from these carrier-imposed requirements. While my hands are tied there, I am concerned about what happened with the TCR form and the delay in getting it to you.

I need to look into this more. At the end of the day, I am the one responsible for ensuring as smooth as possible of a transition with these changes, and I will make sure we continue to work to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.

Thank you for your patience as we get this taken care of.

1677194270727.png ref:_00D80aRUX._5002H1TkZqY:ref

Louie Sotto

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 1:43 PM
To: Louie Sotto <louie.sotto@ringcentral.com>
Cc: Raven Candoy <raven.candoy@ringcentral.com>
Subject: RE: Pending TCR [ ref:_00D80aRUX._5002H1TkZqY:ref ]

[EXTERNAL]

Another week has passed. Any update? Am I going to be getting credited on my account for not having text messaging for the nearly 3 months I have been with Ring Central and not being able to send a text message the entire time? That’s 25% of a year. I honestly am so confused at how this is even possible.

Hi,

Apologize for the delay. However, upon checking, your Registration has been rejected due to (8.1) - Call-to-Action/Message Flow Denotes Web Address but URL Invalid/Not Present - Please Update Submission via Self-Registration Portal in Service Web.

Best regards,

Louie Sotto

Transaction Coordinator

I don't even have a website or URL. I am a brand new company. I submitted this form 1.5 months ago and now I am being told it is rejected because I don't have a website??!? This is ridiculous. I am jsut trying to talk to my customers!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Feb 23, 2023 at 8:00am   •  0 likes

Hey, @Jack Hainline We sent to Telco Ops numbers to confirm enabling SMS. More info soon!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us