News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
No SMS, smal business impact
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:10pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
emerson alves

It had been a week already without been able to communicate with my clients by SMS (that is 95% of our communications), already got two complaints and one job cancelled impacting our small house cleaning business, I've called couple times the customer support, they initially didn't even know what happened, I've opined a ticket and no return yet. I've tried to register the TRC failed the first time now is pending over 2 days. this thing is starting to get serious once is causing monetary losses to business' like mine.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:50pm   •  0 likes

If SMS is that important to your business, you are going to HAVE to find an alternative provider.

RingCentral has left us without SMS for new users for months. And now with the outage that they are clearly not taking seriously we are out even worse.

It's put our business in a bad spot and confirms RingCentral is not a company worth partnering with for communication services. Get out quickly and find a new provider, save your business!!!

1 Answer
answered on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:55pm  

It's so sad, I had a foreigner customer service employee that take care of the communications and he is not working since the outage.

do you have any options to ring central? that I could use? do you know if is possible to take my business number with me?

such a headache

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:57pm   •  1 likes

You can 100% port your numbers. I don't want to post alternatives that we are discovering for fear RingCentral will just delete the posts. Please do some research - lots of good options out there.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us