News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TCR Registration Issues
Tags: sms and text messaging, sending sms
Mar 22, 2023 at 8:59am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Raven Blackstone

Good Morning, @Jessica-Community_Moderator and @Becky-Community_Manager,

Hope all is well. We have been trying to complete our TCR registration for over 2 months (since January 9th, 2023) and no one at RingCentral seems to be able to help. We have time and date-stamped screenshots (only attaching the final one here) of the successful submission through the RingCentral portal and email trails showing the multiple times we have also submitted it via email in PDF to different parties at RingCentral -- all of which we can forward. We keep getting transferred to the TCR department and they offer no information. All they do is say that they understand and will escalate it. Now they are asking us to resubmit the form with no guarantee that it will be received this time or how long it will take to process/approve it or if we will meet the deadlines set by RingCentral or if there will be fees involved for re-submission though the delay is through no fault of our own. It is absolutely disheartening that something so simple should prove to be this difficult. We followed the instructions, we submitted the documents in a timely fashion, we have followed up repeatedly. When will RingCentral solve this? This is not a simple matter of backlog; something in this process is irrevocably broken. Hopefully, you can help us get this resolved. Any efforts on our behalf would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Raven

tcr-form-submission-screenshot-2023-01-09-at-15-12.png

on Mar 22, 2023 at 9:43am   •  1 likes

@Raven Blackstone Let me take a look at your submission and identify next steps. Hang tough!

on Mar 22, 2023 at 10:21am   •  0 likes

We have the same problem with this TCR Registration. We have 2 accounts with RingCentral and we initially registered in December 2022. They applied it to the account whom we didn't register with and we have been calling and resubmitting the docs several times but no one can give us answers till now. It's getting a problem for us coz we need texting and our new users aren't able to do so.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 12:49pm   •  0 likes

@Jovie Traje You'll have to give me a little time, but I'll take a look into your submission and see what next steps are.
Please standby!

on Apr 21, 2023 at 7:04am   •  0 likes

Hi @Becky-Community_Manager have you had the chance to check our registration? It has been a month since my 5th submission but no one can help us answer about the status.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 12:58pm   •  0 likes

Appreciate it @Becky-Community_Manager ! Thank you =)

on Mar 22, 2023 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

Thanks so much, Becky. Really appreciate your taking a look.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:01pm   •  1 likes

@Raven Blackstone It sounds like your manual registration was rejected for the following reason:
"Unable to verify, need website / working website or complete CTA information if opt-in occurs outside of website "

If you shoot me an email with your preferred contact info - I'll have someone reach out to assist with updating the submission.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:12pm   •  0 likes

Thanks, Becky. Will do. In the meantime, you mention manual registration, does that mean the submission we made through the RingCentral site was not received? Also, it feels like no distinction is being made between businesses like ours that simply want to exchange messages mostly between colleagues and the odd client now and again and corporations that send mass sales campaigns messages to clients. Is there a way to opt out of using the texting portion of RingCentral?

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:18pm   •  1 likes

The PDF registration was received - otherwise, it would not have been rejected.
But, at this time (and we're working to fix this), those manual PDF registrations don't have access to the Admin Portal to make updates/edits.
So, I'm going to connect you with the appropriate team to help you update.

In terms of the distinction between businesses, if you use SMS in any fashion, you have to register.

If you aren't using SMS at all and have no need for it, I would say, don't bother with registering until you might need it. You can disable it with the help of Support.
You may be able to do just as well with the RingCentral app Messaging tool for colleagues and internal contacts.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:21pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for the explanation, Becky. Where can I learn more about the RingCentral app Messaging tool?

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:37pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for the link, Becky. I reviewed the contents but I know the owner is not going to want another app on his phone and it's mainly his assistant driving the push to use the RingCentral SMS so she can text him.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 4:19pm   •  0 likes

If the owner is receiving SMS via the RC app, he's already using the app...which means he doesn't have to add any new apps.
Just shift to the Messaging section of the app.
Happy to help further if you need support to recommend.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 1:24pm   •  0 likes

Of course, my pleasure!

Here's a quick blog on Team Messaging that will hopefully help you to decide how to proceed.
https://www.ringcentral.com/us/en/blog/what-is-team-messaging/
This is part of the RingCentral app and is easy to use and might be a good fit.
If you have more questions, we're happy to help!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us