News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SCIM Create User "License limit has been reached" in Sandbox
Tags: rest api
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:09am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Rishabh Mangal

SCIM Create User "License limit has been reached" in sandbox, how to solve this?

on Jul 19, 2023 at 12:55pm   •  0 likes

We are also facing same issue while creating user through SCIM API ""detail":"License limit has been reached"" in our Sandbox environment though we have only one user in Sandbox

1689796421973.png

Client id: 58vApvr780Wbl06i4ZMp9q

2 Answers
answered on Apr 10, 2023 at 10:20pm  

I'm unable to create a user by SCIM API call. Whenever I'm trying to create a user I'm getting license limit has been reached error even in my user list there is only 2 user.

Why?

on Jul 19, 2023 at 1:16pm   •  0 likes

Check the "unassigned extensions" list to see if you have created earlier. If you don't see unassigned extension from the list, let me know your sandbox account id or the main company number.

screen-shot-2023-07-19-at-11431-pm.png

on Jul 20, 2023 at 7:26am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu : We don't see any user in Unassigned Extensions where as we have one in Users with Extensions

1689862829638.png

1689862851156.png

Sandbox Account Client id: 58vApvr780Wbl06i4ZMp9q

Sandbox Account Number: +16162780952

Can you please assist us on this issue?

on Jul 20, 2023 at 7:56am   •  1 likes

I added 1 unassigned user extension to your sandbox account. Please try using the SCIM API.

If you need to create another one, here are the steps.

1. Login the service web portal and select "Phone System" -> Phone Numbers -> All Numbers. Then click the Add Number

2. You still have 2 numbers left so just choose the numbers and add them to your account. Assign the numbers to the Auto-receptionist

3. Click the Users tap and click the "+ Add user" button. Select the "Add users with devices" option and follow the instructions to add a new user. When selecting a device, choose "Other devices" and select the "RingCentral app" as the device.

All the prices and costs are just for references and you will not be charged for sandbox account!

SCIM API works only when you have unassigned user with the MVP license and the steps above are for adding MVP license to an account.

on Jul 20, 2023 at 8:50am   •  0 likes

I was able to add one user now after you created an unassigned number. If I read it correctly this process is only applicable for Sandbox environment. For prod account it works against associated MVP license, If that MVP license is ran out of unassigned numbers then we face same issue otherwise we can directly create users using SCIM API is that correct understanding?

on Jul 20, 2023 at 9:05am   •  0 likes

Unfortunately, it is also required for production accounts. This means that even you have MVP licenses in the inventory, you still need to create unassigned users before you can use the SCIM API to assign it to a user. In other words, the SCIM API is just for assigning a user to an unassigned MVP license. There is no API to create a user with device and number.

answered on Apr 6, 2023 at 10:22am  

You can only add up to max 4 users to a sandbox account. What is the reason you need more than 4 users? You can delete a user and try adding a new user. Or you can sign up for another sandbox account to test it if you have reach the max user in this current sandbox account.

on Jul 19, 2023 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes

We are also facing same issue while creating user through SCIM API ""detail":"License limit has been reached"" in our Sandbox environment though we have only one user in Sandbox, How can we resolve this?

1689796598245.png

Client id: 58vApvr780Wbl06i4ZMp9q

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us