News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Long delays receiving voicemails via email
Tags: voicemail
Jul 1, 2020 at 10:44am   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
Richard Ryan
On both our main line and individual extensions, when someone leaves a voicemail it is taking about 40 minutes for the email to be sent.  We are using multiple email hosts (Gmail as well as a corporate email server) and all are experiencing the same delay, so the issue is definitely on the RingCentral side.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  We have requested support on this issue multiple times, but RingCentrlal continues to want to blame our side.  

This delay is unacceptable and is costing us business.  Our stated return call times on a voicemail to our main number is 5 minutes and there is no way for us to meet that right now.
on Oct 22, 2020 at 12:44pm   •  0 likes

Hello @Holly Wallace, apologies. I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will investigate it for you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 6:24pm   •  0 likes

This "answer" is useless. Unaccept it, please.

on Feb 5, 2021 at 7:46am   •  0 likes

This forum is a scam. We need a place to discuss RC that isn't controlled by the company. I saw there is a subreddit for it but unfortunately it does not appear to be active.

The bottom line is that this is one of many ongoing issues and flaws with RingCentral and they aren't in any rush to fix it. I've had this issue multiple times over the last year or so, and twice within recent weeks. It goes away after a few days then suddenly crops up again.

If porting out wasn't so painful I'd drop this company like a hot rock. The thing is, they know that. Most customers are under a multi year contract or would have to deal with service interruptions while trying to port to another carrier.

And what service is actually better? Are there any "good" VOIP providers? It's almost impossible to separate actual reviews from paid promotions these days.

on Oct 23, 2020 at 7:55am   •  0 likes

Hi Richard, I totally agree - I have started seeing this same issue on some other questions, where they are being marked as "accepted answer", but it is just the moderator confirming the question and obviously setting the status. This forum loosing much credibility if the the original person asking the question cannot determine and mark an "accepted answer" themselves. The moderator(s) should only mark this if they fully provide an answer or a reason that an answer will never be available due to the type or content of the original question. (my 2 cents opinion!)

on Feb 4, 2021 at 1:50pm   •  0 likes

Yes have been experiencing this issue all week.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 2:09pm   •  1 likes

Hi @travis-cook, this is currently an issue and a ticket has been opened for this.

INC-29760

Parent: 12180095

on Feb 4, 2021 at 1:47pm   •  0 likes

This is happening within our company, just noticed it yesterday....Is anyone else experiencing the same issues again? And RC are you aware of this and do you have any open tickets on it currently?

on Oct 23, 2020 at 7:28am   •  1 likes

Interesting that this has an "accepted answer" from the moderator. I posed the question, I did not accept that answer and it is not an answer at all. Of course, we can always ask for help from support on any issue, it does not mean that they will resolve it. I have asked support about this several times and ultimately, the answer was to come to these forums and post a message to try to get the developers to prioritize fixing this.

This is a known issue with the system and one that is not being addressed. For our purposes, we had to disable transcription entirely because the delays are intolerable.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 1:51pm   •  0 likes

We noticed it just a little bit ago. If you turn off voicemail to text, the delay disappears. We just sent out an announcement company-wide, but we have not opened a ticket yet.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 2:06pm   •  1 likes

Thanks for the tip...I've not placed ticket yet either was hoping I wasn't the only one and figured I would start here first :-)

on Feb 4, 2021 at 2:10pm   •  0 likes

Unfortunately, it does not help with voicemails that are already backed up in the queue.

on Feb 4, 2021 at 6:23pm   •  0 likes

The issue yesterday 2/3 was a different issue. We have transcription turned off and experienced the delay also. Basically their email server had some sort of issue and all of the notifications went out around midnight eastern time last night. We received about 20 at that time.

The delay with their transcription and the original problem persists. They do not care. Just busy pushing out other features and not fixing what is already out there. Typical tech company.

on Oct 22, 2020 at 1:53pm   •  0 likes

We do have a case opened - #11569873. Thank you for checking in with us about this. I saw where someone posted about using the RC API to create their own delivery mechanism for voice messages. Do you know where I can find info about the voicemail API? We have looked for it, but cannot find it. Thank you!

on Oct 22, 2020 at 2:13pm   •  0 likes

Hi Holly, you will need someone with programming skills to use the RC API. It is found at developer.ringcentral.com and you require a premium or enterprise account to use it.

on Feb 11, 2021 at 11:05am   •  1 likes

Once again another non-answer accepted by the moderators. This is such a joke. RingCentral, DO YOUR JOB and fix the problem. This is a long standing issue and needs to be addressed. Asking customers to "open a ticket" isn't acceptable. The support reps seem to have no idea that this is a known issue and are not competent enough to look up the information in your systems. Customers are subjected to a lengthy runaround when they try to open a ticket on the issue because the reps try to deny that the problem exists and use the typical "blame the customer" tactics to try to avoid dealing with upset customers.

on Oct 21, 2020 at 2:34pm   •  0 likes

We had this issue on October 12, 2020. Beginning around 8:15 AM Central Time, it was taking 1.5 hours for voicemails to be delivered. Over the next 2 hours, the delays slowly decreased until we were back to a 2 or 3 minute timeframe before we received the voicemail email. Did anyone else have issues during this timeframe?

on Jul 1, 2020 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes
I can no longer send meeting invites from via Gmail. Get Gmail server connection email message. This started after app update. All working just fine so not sure why it had to change
on Jul 1, 2020 at 3:54pm   •  1 likes
Have either of you logged into the RC web portal and confirm that the voice-messages are showing up in there immediately?  This will just confirm whether its the RC notification-email service or the the voice-messaging function that is causing the delays.

We have built our own email notification service that uses the RC API functionality.  We did this originally to provide more customized rules for how / who we send notifications to (including our own archive)  But we also don't rely on the RC email notifications.
on Oct 21, 2020 at 3:17pm   •  0 likes

Where do you find the RC API for voicemails? My boss is asking about building something like this. Thank you!

on Jul 15, 2020 at 2:25pm   •  0 likes
They have not fixed it.  The issue is the Voicemail-to-Text feature.  If you turn that off in your RingCentral extensions, then it works instantly to get email notifications (you still get the attached voicemail file).  I am complaining with RingCentral about this and going to ask for a credit to my charges.
on Jul 1, 2020 at 10:50am   •  1 likes
Yes, it is a known issue, and my company has been dealing with it for months.  Incredibly frustrating.  
on Jul 15, 2020 at 1:44pm   •  0 likes
I am having this same issue.  Has RC fixed this for anyone yet?  
on Jul 1, 2020 at 11:43am   •  0 likes
It happens with my mobile app and RC Phone app on my desktop as well.  I never use the web portal.
on Jul 9, 2020 at 11:43am   •  0 likes
Yes I am getting this issue as well.  IS RINGCENTRAL GOING TO RESPOND?
1 Answer
answered on Feb 11, 2021 at 4:25pm  

All - Our understanding is that this issue has been resolved.
If you are continuing to experience an issue, please reach out to us directly at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we will escalate it as an incident for the attention of our teams.

I understand your frustration and ask that you work with the Community team to move this up the chain.

Please include your account information in your email so we can directly tie the issue to your specific account.

answered on Oct 22, 2020 at 2:06pm  

Hi Holly, you will need someone with programming skills to use the RC API. It is found at developer.ringcentral.com and you require a premium or enterprise account to use it.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us