News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
network unstable
Tags: phone
Jul 21, 2020 at 10:41am   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
jena

With Ring Central App people are getting network unstable messages and calls are dropping. This didn't happen with the RC Phone app. PLEASE FIX THIS.

on Oct 16, 2020 at 1:06pm   •  0 likes

Hi Jena, did you ever find a fix for this issue? I've got one user that's using an iPhone 11 and was fine until earlier this week when they started receiving the "Network is unstable" error and not being able to place/receive calls. Updated to iOS14 last week, but the issue didn't present itself until days later.

on Dec 17, 2020 at 12:08pm   •  0 likes

Ahh baloney, it is the result of trying to shovel 10,000 ip phone paths dowin a 1,000 path pipe. I live in a Metro area and cannot rely on RingCentral since October this year. They broke something to try to force the calls over Wifi instead of LTE because a back-end update at RingCentral ruined the mobile experience whilst they focus on an unusable RingCentralcrApp. My problem is with RingCentral App, and If I am lucky I can pickup the call on my desktop RingCentral Phone app that is stable. "I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH RINGCENTRAL PHONE MOBILE APP. Please bring it back for mobile until you get this god-forsaken "Modern" app out of BETA and ready for production.

on Oct 19, 2020 at 5:51am   •  0 likes

I never got an answer. :(

on Nov 16, 2020 at 11:45am   •  0 likes

I have updated the RC app on my iPhone and have continued to receive the Unstable Network error for both incoming and outgoing calls for the past 3 weeks.

Has anyone found a solution?

on Nov 9, 2020 at 10:33am   •  1 likes

same issue here.

ring central how about an official answer ?

on Oct 21, 2020 at 5:33am   •  0 likes

@chris-phillips13191 I had this happen to my iPhone 11 recently and I have NOT upgraded to iOS14. I am on 13.7. Saturday 10/17 I had unstable network and same on Monday 10/19. I use ring central app on my iphone‘s cell network NOT WiFi for work because I travel all over the state. I call clients from where ever I am to let them know I am on my way and I don’t want them to have my personal number. Called Ring Central and after logging out of app ad loving back in and trying, they said it was my cellular bandwidth problem. Called Sprint and they recommended I do a cell service/network update, so I did. Nothing changed. I am going to try to use my iPad for calling out today for work. See if that works.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 10:34am   •  0 likes

same issue, also on sprint, is sprint blocking something? had this issue for 3 months now!!

on Jul 22, 2020 at 7:55am   •  0 likes
No one else is having this issue?
2 Answers
answered on Nov 19, 2020 at 8:59am  

@Cristiane Pereira @Tracey Bryan Did either of you try @Jerry Gifford's work around above?
If that doesn't work, we would recommend reaching out to Support directly.

Let us know how it goes!

answered on Oct 22, 2020 at 9:52pm  

I have been having the same issue. Network unstable and drop the call unless I am on wifi. That is unacceptable to me as I use the app to remain mobile and not tethered to a location with wifi. I called Ringcentral and they were as much help as a kick in the teeth. The guy wanted to have the sales rep call me back. Go figure, I had to explain it is a tech issue and specifically request tech support. After over an hour on hold waiting I decided to uninstall the app, clear the cache and reboot my phone to clear any memory of the settings. Then I reinstalled the app and now it works fine. Gotta tell you I was about to call Ooma office as I NEED the mobile app for my business.

By the way, when reinstalling the app, turn your wifi OFF. I think it is a setting in the app that it looks for wifi for whatever reason. My thinking is that if the app is installed without having the ability to see wifi it won't activate the setting. I don't know for sure the why bit it seemed to work for me at least for now.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us