question

Wayne Folta avatar image
Wayne Folta asked mary-community-moderator edited

Multiple RingCentral websites have certificate errors (success.ringcentral.com, support.ringcentral.ca, etc)

For those of us behind a firewall that checks certificate validity, the site success.ringcentral.com has an error, which makes it inaccessible. Please fix this.

I want to submit a ticket regarding an RC Yealink that's giving choppy audio under certain circumstances, and under those circumstances the RC iPhone app does not suffer the problem. I captured a PCAP on the firewall and all the stats appear to be perfect, but you can clearly hear choppy audio -- starting with the second ring -- and this only occurs with a Yealink, not the iPhone app. It also appears that RTP down is not encrypted (I can listen to it in Wireshark's RTP playback) but RTP up is encrypted (It appears empty in Wireshark's RTP playback).

16 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Wayne Folta , can you please take a screenshot of the error you're getting?

0 Likes 0 ·
Wayne Folta avatar image Wayne Folta commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator it looks like:

screen-shot-2021-07-05-at-120312-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·

I asked about the error in the Sophos Community (it's a Sophos Firewall appliance) and one of their moderators analyzed it beyond my capabilities: https://community.sophos.com/sophos-xg-firewall/f/discussions/128740/ca-certificates-being-rejected-in-error-if-so-how-to-report and it appears to be an obscure oversight by the website. (The error message makes the certificate look okay to my eyes, but there are interactions happening. Interactions that don't bother your browser, but a firewall set for strict checking rejects it.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Please add support.ringcentral.ca to the trouble list. For some reason my ticket requires me to login to that site and it has basically the same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

This is crazy. I'm just trying to login to update a ticket and it keeps bouncing me around the world. So now it sent me to support.ringcentral.com.au and that also causes certificate error. Perhaps the error is due to this bouncing around the world. So RC is not going to advance my ticket because it's waiting my input but I can't login to address it. (As opposed to logging in to the forums, logging in to my account, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Wayne Folta commented ·

Hi Wayne, to troubleshoot, please clear cache and cookies. Let us know if it's still the same.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wayne Folta avatar image Wayne Folta mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I deleted all RingCentral cookies and cleared the cache entirely and I still get the error on success.ringcentral.com. This was in Safari, and I also tried Firefox and got the same issues, including not being able to login to my tickets. (It does this weird thing where I'm logged in, I can see my tickets, I clock on a ticked and it says I'm not logged in and pops up a small browser window where it wants me to login again. It is this second login that leads to the other certificate errors for support.ringcentral.ca.)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

Michael Fehringer avatar image
Michael Fehringer answered Wayne Folta commented

Sorry for any confusion with those two domains. The domain "success.ringcentral.com" is an old decommissioned site which is why it is throwing errors. All of the current support material is now found at support.ringcentral.com.

Please delete all old bookmarks containing "success.ringcentral.com". If you do find any URL with the "success" subdomain, and it does not redirect you to a "support.ringcentral.com" URL, please copy and paste that URL, or the URL for the page in which the link is located, to this thread so we can address it. Thank you!

6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

There are still links in support.ringcentral.com that point to success.ringcentral.com. I wasn't using old bookmarks. Similarly, I am not explicitly going to support.ringcentral.ca (which appears to have the same kind of certificate issue, but I'm not sure). So it's good to hear that the certificate issue (for that site) is confirmed, but it's not quite as easy as me going to old bookmarks. This could also be an issue with Google Searches still pointing to the old site.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Fehringer avatar image Michael Fehringer Wayne Folta commented ·

Can you tell us where you found those links so we can get them fixed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Wayne Folta avatar image Wayne Folta Michael Fehringer commented ·

I'll poke around. I was doing a lot of research on VoIP issues, so some were probably through the RC website, some may have been via Google. None of the bookmarks that I have are invalid, so I'll have to look through documents and try clicking links in them. I'll post what I find.

Does this also affect support.ringcentral.ca? (I.e. have you eliminated country-wise support and consolidated it at support.ringcentral.com, so this link is also deprecated? In that case, it's totally repeatable for me: go to My Cases, click on a case link, get asked to login, then end up at support.ringcentral.ca with a certificate error.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Was this deprecation recent? Could your load balancers, etc, have cached the old stuff? if so, I probably won't find anything if I retrace my steps. I did just find in

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9233.html?language=en_US

a link click to view the wireshark file which goes to

rc.my.salesforce.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Fehringer avatar image Michael Fehringer Wayne Folta commented ·

Thanks for sharing that broken link. We'll get it fixed. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

I have posted an answer and screenshot, below. This is a show-stopper involving certificate errors and your ticketing system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app