News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Team Company Name - Can't remove members
Tags: message, community announcement
Aug 20, 2021 at 2:15pm   •   1 replies  •  2 likes
Scott Walker

There appears to be a Public Team that was auto-created called "Team Company Name" (where company name is the name of the company as set in main profile. It is nice in that it auto-adds/removes users as they are setup in RingCentral account. However, the community uses this Team to send company messages. And, we have a few accounts in there that we would prefer not see these messages. I have thought about creating a new Team that we control, but then we have to remember to add. I would prefer to see if there is some way to remove people as an exception.

Also in the same space, we would like to limit who can post to this. I assume that means I need to make anyone that can post a Team Admin for that Team and then change the general setting that would disallow Team Members from posting. The only issue I see with that is that sometimes users ask clarifying questions to posts and that can be helpful.

Just looking for some clarity and perhaps some pointers on how to best leverage this as a central form of communication.

on Aug 26, 2021 at 12:56pm   •  1 likes

We have the same issue and it's a big pain point right now. Would love to be able to remove certain members that don't need to get all of the information.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us