question

Anthony Finn avatar image
Anthony Finn asked Anthony Finn answered

Unable to authenticate to API in production but can in sandbox

I've created an API to allow me to read call logs and I can connect to the sandbox version and make the call great.

I have satisfied the requirements to promote/graduate to production and have production version. I amend my code to use the production ClientId & Secret, the the restclient Production parameter to true & I use the production username but receive following 400:

Content: {

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ],

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

}

The only difference I can make out is the Password doesn't show "Active" but I'm unable to Reset password.

1630079322740.png

Can anyone advise?

Cheers

rest api
1630079322740.png (48.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

"Invalid resource owner credentials" means username or password is wrong. In theory, as long as you can login https://service.ringcentral.com , you should also be able to get a token.

Ref: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/1108/incorrect-account-information-when-resetting-passw.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anthony Finn avatar image
Anthony Finn answered

Thanks @Anirban , I am unable to "Reset Password" for my Production platform app. I believe this is my problem? I click "Reset Password" but am not presented with a form to amend the password, simply a message that a confirmation mail is sent to my admin email?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys