News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Fax using ATA ringing Extension
Tags: fax
Mar 11, 2022 at 1:07pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Susan Pieroni

Recently installed several new OBi302 ATA to connect a few fax machines. When faxing to a RingCentral Digital Line the fax rings the person's Deskphone/Desktop App/Mobile App for several rings before the fax goes through. We have a handful of the same devices that are configured the same way in RingCentral that bypasses the ringing the users apps and goes directly to fax. Is there a setting on the OBi302 ATA that controls this?

on Mar 16, 2022 at 8:17am   •  0 likes

@Susan Pieroni you may contact Technical Support Team to have this settings corrected.

Create a case here.

on Mar 16, 2022 at 8:37am   •  0 likes

What is the setting? I am struggling with technical support at the moment. They are telling me there is no such setting. I find this hard to believe since I have several that worked correctly right out of the box. These were all purchased and provisioned by RingCentral.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 16, 2022 at 8:59am  

The way I got around this was by logging into the admin portal. Under users with extensions, I selected the OBi302 device, then go down to call forwarding and voicemails, under that dropdown is the incoming call ring group. Mine had the desktop/mobile app set to ring a few times, so I just changed it to 0 rings/0 secs and it stopped it from occurring anymore

on Mar 16, 2022 at 9:11am   •  0 likes

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Currently the Desktop & Mobile app are disabled and the fax telephone number is set to 15 Rings.

Anything else you can think of please let me know

on Mar 16, 2022 at 9:42am   •  0 likes

The only thing I can think of currently is to also verify that settings is the same on the actual desktop app as well. I've had a few issues from time to time where I had the desktop/mobile app disabled on my admin portal, but it was still ringing to the desktop app on the user's desktop. When I went desktop and look into the app's settings for call handling somehow the desktop app was set to ring (some weird syncing issue I chalked it up to) so I had to disable it in there as well.

on Mar 16, 2022 at 9:49am   •  0 likes

Please check the Number Type of the phone assigned to the extension.

On the Admin portal, go to Phone System > Phone Numbers > All Numbers > View the Number and make sure it is set to Voice and Fax.

on Mar 16, 2022 at 9:05am   •  0 likes

This is very helpful! Please try this @Susan Pieroni.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us