News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can I limit the number of incoming calls at 1 time???
Tags: call queues
Mar 31, 2022 at 8:13am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Roxanne Blackford

We are a small business, but our phones are constantly ringing. Is there a way that we can limit how many calls come in at a time and send other callers straight to voicemail???

2 Answers
answered on Apr 1, 2022 at 3:33pm  

Actually Mary... ;)

You can create Call Queues with a single extension as a Member, and then change the Wait settings. Since RC is currently set up not to allow multiple calls going to the same extension when you're on an active Call Queue call, once you're on the phone, any other call to that 'extension' does not ring through.

The IVR would then have them send their 'extension' to the Call Queue, and once one call is engaged - all other calls would follow the Wait path.

Let me know if you want screen snips on how to do this.

Have fun.

on Apr 4, 2022 at 9:23am   •  0 likes

Thanks for recommending this, @Joe Cache! I haven't tested this setup yet, but can we send the incoming calls to voicemail rather than waiting?

on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:46pm   •  0 likes

In the Call Queue, under Call Handling & Members, on the Wait Settings tab:1649101456329.png

As long as the extension number you want them to dial is set as a Call Queue, say 140 and you have the one member in at their unique extension - ext 1140 - for the physical phone - then when that physical phone is engaged, and other calls will go to voicemail.

They will need to set themselves as the Manager for the Call Queue and the email settings for vmail delivery, etc. on the Call Queue so that they get the messages.

Enjoy.

on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:59pm   •  1 likes

This is a great workaround. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, @Joe Cache! Glad to have you here!

on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:04pm   •  1 likes

No problem... I didn't write the rules (program) but I'll find the holes. (bugs/work arounds) ;)

Happy to help if I can - if it makes it a better product for my staff - it'll make it better for the world, right? (I only wish my tickets weren't always thrown in the PKI bucket. *sigh*)

on Apr 4, 2022 at 1:24pm   •  0 likes

Sorry about that. I've seen your cases, and most of them are Product/Platform Issues. There's no ETR, but we can assure you that our Internal Team is working on it. Thanks again!

on Apr 4, 2022 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes

You're the best, @Joe Cache! Thanks for always sharing your expertise with our Community!

answered on Mar 31, 2022 at 9:14am  

This option is not possible, @Roxanne Blackford. You may submit a Feature Request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us