question

Brian Busbey avatar image
Brian Busbey asked mary-community-moderator commented

Deskop App - Icon flashing or pop up on messages

All i get is a red dot and no flashing or pop up messages or anything. curious why the flashing isn't happening on the app when i have it turned on within the notifications section. trying to make it easier to identify when there is an unread message.

ringcentral app
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

PC. i found the link from RingCentral on the solution and seemed it was already set to flash.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Configure-the-Behavior-of-the-RingCentral-App-Desktop-Icon-for-New-Messages.html

1 Like 1 ·

Is your app on the latest version?

0 Likes 0 ·

yes

0 Likes 0 ·

Can you please send a screenshot of your current settings?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Brian, are you using PC or MAC?

0 Likes 0 ·

thats the issue though, it isnt working. when i opened the settings, all was previously set properly. i see no flashing or anything.

0 Likes 0 ·

and i mean if 2 people are messaging, you can remove individual lines of chat in that message but not the entire message with one button click.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Brian Busbey avatar image
Brian Busbey answered mary-community-moderator commented

see attached. capture.jpg

capture.jpg (49.4 KiB)
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you! Can you please try to change New messages to All new messages?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ mary-community-moderator ♦♦ ·

Change direct messages and mentions to All new messages.

0 Likes 0 ·

ok that worked! one more question, is there any way to delete a chat completely vs individual messages?

0 Likes 0 ·

There is no option as of now, but the Product Team is considering it. You may vote for this feature here.

-1 Like -1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app