question

Greg Trawinski avatar image
Greg Trawinski asked Greg Trawinski edited

Hot Desk Phones Not Working

The hot desk phones in two different offices - separate networks with different ISPs - stopped working today. When you tap Login on the Polycom, it says "Service unavailable". Phones programmed with an extension appear to be working. RingCentral support has not been helpful. In researching on my own, I found that sip.ringcentral.com is dropping a lot of pings, which I'm speculating may be related. I pinged this address from three different networks with the same result. Is there another possible cause? We have not made updates to any of our networks or phones in the past several months. Thank you.

sip
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Greg Trawinski, I see that your Support ticket is now escalated to Tier 3. Let me know if you need to follow up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Trawinski avatar image Greg Trawinski mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, the majority of our desk phones have been down all day, so whatever you can do to escalate further would be much appreciated. I don't know if the sip theory I mentioned above could be involved. We mentioned it to the tech earlier, but they made a case note and moved on.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app