question

Nick Ramentol avatar image
Nick Ramentol asked Phong Vu answered

Sandbox Users profiles won't let me add user address, it fails every time.

Well it the title says it all I wanted to play with the API in the sandbox before deploying live like any sane person to start pulling call recordings. Well when I was setting up the Oauth and it was a pain but I got to work up, until it asked me to add an address for the sandbox profile. Every time I tried to add the address from the Oauth window it kept telling me it failed to try again later. I thought no big deal I will just add it from the user profile and well what do you know that didn't work either. I than made a new extension with a new number and email to see if it was just the account that was messed up, but again no dice same problems all the way down. I even tried using three different browser to see if anything would change but no dice (not like that really matters everything is chrome based. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, did I miss something really simple that I am clearly over looking, or should I kill the sandbox and try spinning up a new one?

Any tips at all would be great!

developer sandboxoauth2zapier
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

It is a known issue for new sandbox accounts. The issue has been reported and I hope that the team will fix it soon.

Meanwhile, please follow my instruction as a work around solution for this from this thread.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys