News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Businesses sending more than 2,000 messages per month to T-Mobile subscribers
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 10, 2023 at 7:00am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Rpbhoir30

Hi,

I received an email about All customers using SMS must now self-register with The Campaign Registry (TCR) or their SMS traffic will be blocked by the mobile carrier.

When I was cheking TCR registration fees page it says Brand vetting fee ($40) - Businesses sending more than 2,000 messages per month to T-Mobile subscribers (without vetting T-Mobile will block your messages once you’ve reached this threshold).

And We are not using A2P, automated SMS. We are using Consumer (P2P) Messaging

My question is how to find whether i am sending 2,000 messages per month to T-Mobile subscribers or not?

1 Answer
answered on Feb 10, 2023 at 8:16am  

Hi, this is a very good question on how to find traffic terminating to T-mobile numbers.

Before answering the question, clarification I need to provide is that it's 2,000 messages per day limit for T-mobile and not per month (We are fixing it on our knowledge base)

Here is high level guidance that we provide to our customers on how to find this number for their account:

On average, we see that 30-35% of US traffic goes to T-mobile. So based on a back on a napkin math, if your account sends 10,000 SMSes per day, you can assume that 3,000-3,500 would be to T-mobile(approx. based on average). Based on this, you can decide whether to go for an additional vetting or not.

To check how many SMSes your accounts sends everyday, you can visit RingCentral Admin Portal and go to Reports -> SMS Log and download a report for last month/week and average it out for working days in that month/week.

Hope this answers helps!!!

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, Platform Products

RingCentral Inc.

on Feb 14, 2023 at 10:05am   •  0 likes

@Gurpreet Singh Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us