News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Open up SMS/Text until 3/31!
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 7, 2023 at 4:25am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
Jason Osborne

Why are users down with SMS if all users have until 3/31 to comply with the new rules? The fix should not be case by case and “we are investigating” just open it up globally while you then fix individual issues. We are literally losing business. @Becky-Community_Manager

on Mar 7, 2023 at 7:07am   •  0 likes

@Mike Stowe - we registered weeks in advance and now it's down seemingly across a lot, if not all of RC, so your answer doesn't hold water

on Mar 7, 2023 at 2:18pm   •  0 likes

How did you hear weeks ago? I just got an email at noon February 28th! Not that hearing weeks ago would make a difference but the information says it takes 20-30 days to complete the registration and we barely got that amount of time.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 8:45am   •  0 likes

@Mike Stowe I think you are incorrect in stating "no action was taken". We are not allowed to outbound SMS off any number in our lot and we only SMS at a customer's request. Thus, we are not a Spam shop and none of our numbers should/would be flagged. We, as do all, have until 3/31 to comply and proactively; our brand is Registered and campaign is Pending. Explain why then we cannot SMS today through the 31st given the above?

on Mar 7, 2023 at 9:40am   •  0 likes

I can confirm no action was taken by RingCentral on your account, and can see messages being sent from our network. Please note any numbers added after December 1, 2022 require TCR registration to be completed before they can be enabled. I will follow up via email with additional details.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 7:23am   •  0 likes

@Mike Stowe almost 24hrs and no email with additional details. I think we just need a clear answer about why if we have all followed registration and have not added new numbers after 12/1/22, WHY we cannot still as of this morning access outbound SMS? Just the answer whatever it might be please. The TCR Webinar I suspect will be how to register which is not the issue on this thread and the counless others like it.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

@Mike Stowe - you have multiple customers complaining of the same outage, on the same day, and all say they have already taken the TCR steps weeks ago. RC's customer support only says to basically do what did weeks ago and now wait 20-30 days? That's why we did it 3 weeks ago. I am amazed Ring Central is not able to fix what clearly is a large scale failing of the basic services we all pay A LOT of money for. The solutions we are given are absolute garbage and insulting given we followed every step, well in advance, to avoid this exact issue!!

on Mar 7, 2023 at 9:55am   •  0 likes

I will absolutely agree that the experience has not been optimal, nor the experience we aim to provide to our customers. While there are numerous factors outside of RingCentral's control, I understand that you and your business relies on RingCentral and has entrusted us to navigate through these changes and to work and act on your business' behalf. We continue to take numerous steps (some which will be shared during the webinar) to work through these changes, advocate for our customers, and continue to work to help customers complete this carrier required registration.

For customers who have not yet completed TCR registration, we would recommend registering through the self-serve portal. I understand resubmitting yet another form is extremely frustrating, but this will be the fastest way to have your registration processed by TCR and vetted, as well as contains the latest information as required by TCR. Many of the previously submitted registrations will not be accepted as new information is being required for the manual vetting that now occurs on campaign submissions.

https://vimeo.com/800943217/8d31b26599
https://support.ringcentral.com/sms-registration

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:01am   •  0 likes

I couldn't agree more! Ring Central has absolutely botched this!!! FIX IT NOW!!

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:47am   •  1 likes

totally agree - on phone with tech support for 2 hours, nothing. opened a support case, nothing.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:56am  

I wish we were able to turn on SMS for everyone, but unfortunately registration is required. This means that any new number set up after Dec 1, 2022, or any number that has been flagged by carriers, aggregators, or spam agencies must be TCR registered before SMS can be enabled.

As a reminder, RingCentral is not taking any action on numbers unless required to by the above. This means we are not disabling SMS on any number for the sole reason of it not being TCR registered, and existing numbers are not expected to be blocked by carriers (except for policy violations) until after March 31, 2023.

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues when sending to a single provider and are working to resolve this issue. Additional informational for this is available on our status site at https://status.ringcentral.com/

We will also be hosting a webinar on March 8 at 10am PST to share more about the TCR process, answer questions, and take feedback. To register for the webinar please visit https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

I know this is not ideal, and this is not the experience we wish for our customers. We will continue to advocate on the behalf of our customers and do everything we can to make this carrier required registration as painless as possible.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us