News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
When will texting to Verizon users be corrected?
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 7, 2023 at 9:24am   •   6 replies  •  1 likes
Saili Gosula

Hello, we've been on the phone with RingCentral support for an hour (I opened a ticket yesterday). What he's saying doesn't make sense. Even though our TCR shows Registered, he says it's still pending. We did this as soon as we could. And even though all the info said this doesn't go into effect until March 31, he is saying that this is why Verizon is blocking us. He says because the estimate to get TCR fully Registered is 20 days, it may be this long until we can text Verizon users. We staff our cases through RingCentral texting, we cannot wait that long. It's already made our processes more chaotic to not be able to reach out to people quickly. I asked to speak to a manager and we've been on hold another 40 minutes waiting to speak to someone.

on Mar 9, 2023 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager You keep saying check the Status Site but it hasn't been updated since yesterday, even though it says an update will be provided in the morning. If this is truly related to the awful rules that have been put in place that we supposedly have until the 31st of March to deal with, please let us know so we can all make the changes needed immediately (like texting from non-Ring Central phone numbers). Don't forget this is literally our livelihood and how we feed our families, not some hobby. Please treat it as such.

on Mar 9, 2023 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

@win-hopkins @Little Light I want to reiterate that this is not an issue with TCR, but rather ONE carrier that we are working to resolve.
I do not have an update at this time.

I assure you, we are intimately familiar with the urgency and are doing our best to address the issue and share a resolution.

When I have an update, I'll share in the Community, and if I am able, I will respond in these individual threads.

on Mar 9, 2023 at 10:36am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager My texts are being rejected to at least two providers. Verizon and AT&T. This is not a one provider problem.

on Mar 9, 2023 at 8:18am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager We need an update on this issue. Ring Central is causing issues for all of our businesses. This seems as though it should be an urgent matter that should have been fixed within the last THREE days. There are no updates on the Status Site.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:55am   •  1 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager , your tech support does not know this and they are frustrating us and wasting our time insisting that TCR is the issue and we have to wait 20 days to get this resolved. They need to know how to respond to our inquiries. Also I haven't seen a single update on that page about this issue since the original updates yesterday morning (even thought the timestamps say it was later in the day, it was not. All of the notes that are there on this issue were there earlier than their timestamp, all in the morning). I've been checking and there are no updates at all. What is the status since the Status page has nothing new for us for about 24 hours?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 6:57am   •  0 likes

Having exactly the same issue since 3/6/2023. RingCentral support and our account rep have been utterly useless, just keep regurgitating the same "TCR registration" nonsense.

We've had our RingCentral service since 2009, didn't have any issues exchanging SMS with these customers up until now.

Why is this issue happening now with Verizon, and what's RingCentral's ETA for getting it fixed?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

Hey, @Front Desk I'd like to reinforce that the issue with SMS currently is not related AT ALL to TCR.
Our team is working to correct the outage and will update customers via the Status Site.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 9:29am   •  0 likes

@Saili Gosula There is an SMS issue that can be monitored on our Status Site. I don't believe your TCR status is an issue - I will take a look at your TCR status and make sure all is set there.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 15, 2023 at 8:51pm  

Looks like this issue has now been resolved.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us