News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Voicemail Message Retrieval
Tags: error
Jul 8, 2018 at 11:16am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
jason4335

I have a Production API successfully retrieving message (sms, voicemails, faxes) data and we are storing that information in our database.

Now, we attempting to take the message id and attachment id and using it to retrieve the voicemail and we are getting this error.

{ "errorCode" : "CMN-102", "message" : "Resource for parameter [messageId] is not found", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "CMN-102", "message" : "Resource for parameter [messageId] is not found", "parameterName" : "messageId" } ], "parameterName" : "messageId" }

I am wondering if since the voicemail is coming in on our production phone number if attempting to access it with our sandbox phone number (and credentials) while testing is causing the "resource not found." I doubt it, but I need to ask.

Any other insight into what is causing this error would be helpful.

Our API endpoint is (pound symbols will replace actual variables in Coldfusion:

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/#setOwnerId#/extension/#setOwnerId#/message-store/#messageId#/content/#attachment_Id#

Thanks,

Jason

4 Answers
answered on Jul 10, 2018 at 7:25pm  
I didn't get a response from my request above, so I went ahead and tested my code on production and it appears to retrieve the voicemail.

The problem is the documentation says that the file is audio/x-wav.

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html?section=RefMessages.html#!#MessageAttac...

However, the JSON get messages method returns audio/mpeg and my code checks the mime-type and it also says audio-mpeg.

However, when I write the file as an .mp3, the file is invalid.  

Suggestions please since the documentation is wrong.

Jason

answered on Jul 8, 2018 at 6:04pm  
Also, I can still access my Sandbox credentials when making changes to my Application with SMS Sending and Getting Messages.  Those two methods still work on SandBox.

answered on Jul 8, 2018 at 6:03pm  
So, you are telling me I cannot test my code in retrieving a voicemail attachment in SandBox?  I have to do it in Production?

I just want to confirm, because it may create unnecessary errors on the production side.

answered on Jul 8, 2018 at 5:57pm  
You cannot access production resource with sandbox credentials.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us