News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
EXT-262 Home country selection
Tags: settings
Apr 5, 2023 at 5:50pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Peter Hogger

I am trying to assign a home country for an unassigned extension in the 929 area code with the following API call

$r = $platform->put("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/240641070", array('regionalSettings' => array('homeCountry' => array ('id' => 1))));

but I am getting the error (even though 929 is in the US = Queens NY)

EXT-262

Home country selection is limited to countries which user`s phone numbers belong to.

3 Answers
answered on Apr 18, 2023 at 11:26am  

as you can see the extension 240637070 belongs to the 929 area code1681842167291.png

but the code

$r = $platform->put("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/240637070", array('regionalSettings' => array('homeCountry' => array ('id' => '1'))));

produces this error:

1681842253526.png

answered on Apr 10, 2023 at 11:51am  

same error with "1" or '1'.. It only happens with the 929 area code... all other area codes I have location at are working fine. I think it might be something with this particular area code

on Apr 10, 2023 at 12:25pm   •  0 likes

Not really. I just test with a user who has phone number in 929 area code and it works well. Can you call the API and print out the rcrequestId and the error code. I need to report this so the platform team can investigate. Thanks

answered on Apr 6, 2023 at 9:42am  

That's weird. The id is a string, can you change the number 1 to "1" and try again.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us