question

Kamil Janiak avatar image
Kamil Janiak asked Joe Cache commented

Remove member/guest

Hello, I use free version at this moment and I cant remove guests or members from my team. I searched in internet but non of the methods shown works. I can block guests but that all.

I tried to find my admin panel:

1692348637246.png

but there is no option to remove someone

admin portal
1692348637246.png (41.1 KiB)
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Kamil, are you currently an admin on that group?

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

Hi - that whole process is currently borked (real tech term) - you can't get rid of a guest without BLOCKING the entire domain of that guest, and it's only for the one user that you are logged in as. It is not company-wide, nor can an admin search the users contacts for this guest to remove.

We've gone a few rounds with tech support over this and gotten no where. The advice was to open an 'idea' and maybe they'd look at it.

Sorry this doesn't help, but you're not alone in this fight. (for logical and clean ui design)

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivy Monteagudo avatar image Ivy Monteagudo commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator @Becky-Community_Manager

Hello!

I've been looking everywhere on how to remove/block a guest user.. this ARTICLE should solve the problem but I dont see the three dots or the trash can icon.
I also dont see the Domain allow/block list on Settings>Administration.
See attached screenshots.

Can someone help me solve this? Im a SuperAdmin of the company

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 2.50.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 2.53.49 AM.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Ivy Monteagudo commented ·

if you hover over a guest contact several icons should appear on the right hand side.
capture.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.jpg (16.8 KiB)
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Welcome commented ·

Welcome - the core logic behind this is broken on the RC side.

Both from a staff and SuperAdmin standpoint, you should be able to delete/block a SINGLE guest.

It's not programmed that way - if you block one guest, the entire DOMAIN of that guest gets blocked. Also, there's no way for a SuperAdmin to globally remove/block a guest from all users - it's at the single user level... which the SA doesn't have access to. This means that if Joe has an unwanted guest, the SA can't do anything about it - sans block the entire guests domain... which then would block the guests that should be getting through.

It's a total SNAFU, and no one in RC has it on their plate that we've been able to see, nor do they recognize it as an error/issue.

We need to get vocal with our account reps, and also hope that Mary/Becky can poke someone there to listen to the concern.

Hope that clears it up a little.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivy Monteagudo avatar image Ivy Monteagudo commented ·

It's not showing on my guest contacts who are only invited thru email. They don't have phone numbers associated on their account.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app