question

Pavel Salesautomators avatar image
Pavel Salesautomators asked Phong Vu commented

SMS sender feature

Hello!
@Phong Vu I can't figure out whether an account have an SMS feature enabled. Or which extension has permissions to send SMS. Could you check it out, please? I attached information retrieved from "phone-number" endpoint for current account. Thanks in advance.
1694728183932.png

rest apisms and text messagingsending sms
1694728183932.png (19.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Since the usageType is "MainCompanyNumber" the owner is this number is the extension who is assigned via the company auto-receptionist.

Check out this previously asked question and answer.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Pavel Salesautomators avatar image Pavel Salesautomators commented ·

I looked through the question you mentioned, I found IVR settings, and I have my extension already set there, so It seems like it should work properly, but it doesn't. I'm still getting an error "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [OutboundSMS] have to be granted to the authorised user."
1694781397751.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1694781397751.png (8.2 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Pavel Salesautomators commented ·

Since this number is a U.K number, you should get help by submitting a dev support ticket and someone can login your account to check if the number is provisioned for SMS at all.

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys