Question

How do I send an SMS from the main company number?

• 12 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I am able to send a SMS from my individual user number, but I cannot figure out how to send a SMS from my main business number. I also sent a text to my business number and it did not show up anywhere.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Login your account service web with a super admin user, choose the Phone System tab and select the Auto-receptionist menu and change the IVR general settings by select the extension you want to send/receive text messages to/from the main company number. Authenticate your app with that user to send text messages.

screen-shot-2022-07-12-at-73436-am.png

You can always double check if the selected extension has the right to send SMS from the main company number by using this code. E.g.

async function detect_p2p_sms_feature(){
  try{
    var resp = await platform.get("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/phone-number")
    var jsonObj = await resp.json()
    for (var record of jsonObj.records){
      if (record.usageType == "MainCompanyNumber"){
        for (feature of record.features){
          if (feature == "SmsSender" || feature == "MmsSender"){
              console.log(`This number ${record.phoneNumber} is a P2P SMS number`)
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }catch(e){
    console.log(e.message)
  }
}

opext.png

Thank you for your response. I am the only user and am listed under General IVR Settings and I still do not have the option to send texts from the main company number. I have no idea how to use code.

Userlevel 1

Is that your sandbox account or your production account? What is the main company number? For the code, it is a sample code in Node JS, using the RingCentral JS SDK.

You said that you were able to send a SMS from your individual user number, how did you send it? Via API for via the RC app? Last question, are you a developer?