News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Python/Databricks: Resource for parameter [accountID] is not found
Tags: rest api
Oct 19, 2023 at 5:20am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
YYModelRiskManagment ServiceAccount

I am using Python inside of Databricks to make a call to the Data API for the call log sync. I am using JWT auth. I am following all of the instructions given on the developer website. I am able to successfuly login with JWT, but when I try to hit call-log-sync api with my accountId found in the Sandbox credentials I get the following error: Resource for parameter [accountId] is not found

I have confirmed that my account has access to the app, which has the proper permissions. What else do I need to do to get this working?

on Oct 19, 2023 at 6:52am   •  0 likes

Can you share the code with the path and the params which you used for calling the API?

1 Answer
answered on Oct 23, 2023 at 6:21am  

on Oct 23, 2023 at 8:34am   •  0 likes

To avoid providing a wrong account id, you can use the tilde '~' (as shown in all our sample code) sign instead of an account id. The system will detect the account based on the user access token.

on Oct 23, 2023 at 1:19pm   •  0 likes

After doing so, I get the following error:In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user.

How can I find out which AccountID is being used?

on Oct 23, 2023 at 3:08pm   •  0 likes

What error? Remember that you are in the sandbox environment, make sure that your app is authenticated by a user in your sandbox account, not the production account.

on Oct 24, 2023 at 5:01am   •  0 likes

The error said the account did not have the ReadCompanyCallLog permissions. How do I know which account ID I am signing in with? If I figure this out I can assign the correct permissions.

on Oct 24, 2023 at 7:42am   •  0 likes

Then it's not an account issue. I think when you say "account" you mean the user extension. In RingCentral terms, the account is the "Company" and the extensions are "employees".

So the error is telling you that the user extension who is currently authenticated the app does not have the "ReadCompanyCallLog" permission to access the entire company call log. You can login your sandbox account admin portal (with a super admin user) and change the user's role to super admin role or you can change the authenticated user to the company main super admin user.

screen-shot-2023-10-24-at-74049-am.png

on Oct 24, 2023 at 10:14am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu thank you for clarifying that. I am now able to use the API in the sandbox. Question: I am running the sync company call log API and I am getting back a response, but there are no records in it. Shouldn't I be getting some records back?

on Oct 24, 2023 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

It's your sandbox account and probably you have not made any test call on your sandbox yet. You can login the RC app for sandbox and make a few inbound/outbound calls to generate some call log. Make sure that you have setup your user with a digital line correctly. This means that login the account admin portal and add a phone device (choose other device -> RC app at the choose device step) to the user who you want to do the test calls.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us