question

Vineskills Team avatar image
Vineskills Team asked Vineskills Team answered

How do we create a sample call recording in the sandbox?

The instructions on the support page for "How to create a call recording for testing in sandbox" do not seem to be correct. The steps outlined specifically the section "How to create a call recording for testing in sandbox" don't match the actual sandbox interface.
Also, I thought we were not able to make external calls from the sandbox.

If anyone has any insight it would be great!

Thank you

screenshot-2024-02-28-at-22051pm.png

call logscall recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Check this out.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Vineskills Team answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks Phong, but my question is how to RECORD a call in ur sandbox so we can test the AI endpoints and Recording URI.
Since it seems like our Sandbox doesn't allow us to make External calls, only between two user's extentions. And it seems like we cannot record internal calls, only external.

I was wondering if there is something I am missing.

You mentioned: you may need to login your sandbox service web and add direct number to the user extension." Can you explain how we add a direct number to a user? Would that allow to make external calls?

Thank you!

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

In order to make test calls and to record a call in your sandbox account, you must setup a user with a digital line (assign a phone number and a device for the user). You can login your sandbox account admin portal (https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com), select a user and select the Devices & Numbers tab and add a phone for the that user. If you give me your sandbox account’s main company number, I can help you setup faster.

But your ultimate goal is to try the AI API. Unfortunately the AI APIs does not work in sandbox environment. You will need to have a production account to be able to call AI APIs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vineskills Team answered

Hey Phong Vu, I really appreciate you offering to help. One of our goals is to test the AI but I'm also experimenting with how to grab that recording link and post it in a CRM for the users to listen to it. So it would be helpful to get some recordings in our Sandbox.
I tried to add a Phone number following the steps you mentioned but I get an error every time. See screenshot.
Ou sandbox Main Number is: (929) 473-2872 if you could help would be amazing.
Thank you so much!

screenshot-2024-03-02-at-85729pm.png

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys